Chapter Thirty Eight

**When you see ITIHYKOL that stand for It's That I Hate You Kind of Love**

Review:

Ben, Charlotte's older brother, was attacked by Emily his mate and brought to the pack house. By a mistake from the pack doctor he was given the wrong medication and was knocked out for several days.

Recently the pack had a welcoming party for Charlotte to the pack. She and Carson danced and Carson said he loved her. Jay- the future beta and his human mate Bailey got into an argument at the party. Jay's human-hating father saw them together, but was prevented from doing anything by Charlotte.

After the party, Ben wakes up in a frenzy. He threatens his mate Emily, and gets angry when Charlotte talks to him a week later.

At the end of the last chapter, Ben noticed a mark on Charlotte's shoulder and tells her to leave him alone.

It is now a week after the party and Charlotte has just spoken to Ben for the first time since he woke up.

And that's what you missed on Glee!

Just kidding.

This isn't Glee.

:(

Also, bare with me everyone, I haven't written this story in awhile so I'm a little- a lot- out of practice (aka there's a possibility of plot holes)

Tell me what you think, and enjoy!

___________________________

"He saw the mark," I told Carson with a lump in my throat the minute I stepped outside into the hallway.

Carson stopped pacing. Emily looked up from where her face was buried in her hands.

"He did?" She breathed. "What else did he say? What did he do? Is he okay? Is he still angry? Did he mention me at all?"

"He's..." I trailed off. The words he had dropped echoed in my ears and spread an ache throughout my head. I rubbed my right eyelid, willing myself not to break. "He's not himself. He freaked when he saw my shoulder."

"Did you tell him it wasn't real?" Carson asked, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. I was glad he was putting aside his own wants for it to be permanent.

"He wouldn't let me explain." I muttered, my tone tinged in bitterness. Wetting my second finger with the tip of my tongue, I pulled back the hem of my shirt and rubbed it over the 'mark'. It spread into a black smudged line.

If Ben would have let me explain, I would've told him that often hanging out with Carson's cousins leads to weird conversations.

Weird conversations and them pinning you to the floor and drawing a pretty realistic mark on your shoulder.

'I can't believe Carson hasn't marked you yet," Georgia had huffed. 'Look, you need to see what it will be like. It's not that bad.' Then she forced me in front of mirror to see the drawing on my pale skin.

Since the party, the surprise that I haven't been marked has spread over the pack. It seems that it's a bigger deal than I had thought to them. The girls especially were confused that I wasn't marked.

Emily stood up her face, too, etched in concern. "What do you mean he's not himself? Why-?"

"Em," My voice came out a little harder than usual. "He's been in there a week, knowing that there are werewolves just outside the door. I know you're focused on him being your mate, but you need to realize what he feels. "