Chapter Twelve

**When you see ITIHYKOL that stand for It's That I Hate You Kind of Love**

"Daddy!"

I plopped the plate of cut chicken on the polished table and looked up to the front door.

The man chuckled, kicked the door behind him, dropped his black briefcase and crouched down with wide arms. Gemma launched at him with an excited squeal. He let out a dramatic groan and with a playful growl swung her around in the air.

"How's my little princess?"

He kissed her on the cheek and she giggled. "I played dolls with Carson today."

He raised his eyebrows over his black aviator glasses. "Is that so?"

She nodded, her hands playing with the edges of his black suit. "Yeah! But now he's watching TV with Zach."

On cue the two boys let out loud peals of laughter and the man turned to witness them watching Tosh.0.

"Classic!" Zach exclaimed leaning back into the leather brown couch. Carson chuckled, shaking his head.

"Hmm. So where's your mother?"

"Right here." Bethany said stepping out of the kitchen with a smile. "Just about time you got home."

The man set Gemma gently on the ground and grinned, walking to his wife. He placed his hands on her waist, pulling her closer. "I missed you Beth."

She lay one arm on his shoulder and with the other hand took off his dark glasses, placing them in his suit pocket. She tugged at his gray paisley tie, bringing him closer before placing a sweet kiss on his lips. "Not as much as I missed you."

He chuckled lowly and wrapped his arms tighter. "Wanna bet?"

"Not now dear, I have a dinner to finish."

Her husband sighed dramatically and gave her another quick kiss. "Fine. If that's really what's important to you."

Bethany rolled her eyes, patting his chest before disappearing back into the kitchen.

I quickly turned away from the scene, not wanting to be caught staring. So that was the man who claimed Bethany. The man who caused all the problems for Stacy, and changed her sisters life forever.

It's funny, he doesn't seem that bad.

Stupid werewolves with their apparent kindness! They're not supposed to be like this!

"Hey Logan! Did you just get home?" Emily called, trooping down the stairs.

"Yeah, just walked though the door." He responded. "How's doctor training been?"

"Pretty good! Though the head pack doctor is starting to get on my nerves. I mean, like, take a chill pill dude! So, I gave him the blood pressure cuff instead of the thermometer, they're basically the same exact thing! He's a little bit of a spaz-"

"That's good, very good." He interrupted her absentmindedly. "The food looks great."

I glanced up at them while he gestured to the table and his eyes flicked to my face.

Shit, he caught me eavesdropping.

The man smiled at me brightly and strode over. "Hello. You must be Charlotte."

He held out his hand for a shake.

"Names Logan Johnson, but everyone calls me Logan, or Bethany's jerk, either way." He joked.

I hesitated for a moment, torn between my disgust and fear for werewolves and manners. Eventually I just spoke, slipping my hands into my pockets. "Uh, nice to meet you." I muttered.