03- It's not a phase, mom!

I can't even with Mel.

We were supposed to hang out this afternoon at my house. And guess who she invited? Yep. Onion Breath. Now we are driving to my house. Of course, I made Skylar sit in the back.

"Sky, please tell Ace that Mr. Keel is not hot in any form or fashion." Melia breaks the silence.

"Honestly-- he's not bad to look at," Skylar answers shyly.

"Ok. Our friendship is canceled until further notice."

"Sorry, Mel. You're outnumbered. Mr. Keel is officially proclaimed hot." I said with little interest. I hate agreeing with Onion.

Soon enough, we pull into my driveway and I noticed both my dads are here. And so is an unfamiliar car. Were we supposed to have guests today?

We all got out of the car and made our way to the front door. I opened the door and was greeted with the smell of lasagna. Why are they cooking so early?

"Dad? Mason?" I call out. No response. "Weird." I mutter. I motion the girls to the kitchen to find out what all of this is about.

Once we reach the kitchen, Mason is cooking with earbuds in. I guess that's why he didn't hear me.

I tap Mason's shoulder and he takes his earbuds out. "Hey, Ace. How was school?"

"It was fine. Where's dad?" I ask. This is all a little suspicious.

"I think your friends should leave. We all need to have a talk." He whispered quietly to me.

"But they just got here-"

"Now, Ace," Mason says more sternly. Now I really don't want them to leave. What did I do this time? I haven't done anything too bad.

"Hey, Mel...Are you able to call your mom and get a ride home? And Skylar, too."

"Uh, sure, Ace. See you tomorrow?"

"Of course."

We said our goodbyes and I wearily turned back to Mason. Now time to face the flames. "Whose car is that in the driveway?" I ask, not really wanting to know the answer. "This isn't another intervention, is it?"

"No, Ace. Don't be so dramatic." He took the lasagna out of the oven. "Uh--it's actually your mother."

.

.

.

.

"My---mother?"

"Hello, darling." A sweet angelic voice that I used to love says from behind me.

"Molly," I said trying to be indifferent when my body is just screaming at me to cry. To fall onto my knees. To break down.

"Look how big you've grown!" She said coming in for a hug which I successfully dodged.

"Yeah. My boyfriend sure thinks so." I say trying to get on her nerves.

"I didn't come here to fight with you or talking about your - unholy activities- I just wanted to see my son."

"Really? Because the last thing you said to me before kicking me out was 'Get out of my house you disgusting fag! If my son thinks this stuff is okay, well then I don't have a son at all!'"

"And I apologize for that. I overreacted. Could you ever forgive me?" She says, tears falling from her eyes. Aww! She thinks I'm going to fall for her fakeness! How cute.

"I'll forgive you once you grow a heart and stop spilling your bullshit all over me," I say with finality. Just as I was about to storm off to my room, Kai wraps his arms around me.

"Don't be upset, Ace." He wipes a single tear off of my face that managed to fall.

"Thank you, Kai. Come on." I grab his hand and lead him to my room. Once we're in, I turn on the T.V. Kai sits in the bean bag that is set up in front of the television. I take the bean bag next to it.

After a few hours of watching Spongebob reruns, I get up to take a sleeping Kai to his room.

Once in his room, I place him in his lime green colored bed. I kiss him on the head and then make my way back to my room.

Before I can open the door I see my mother standing at the end of the hall.

"I thought I told you to leave," I say to her. Without a word, she comes over to me and wraps her arms around me. I don't know what it was, her scent, her warmness, her familiarity, but I just broke down in her arms. We both fall to our knees and just sit there for a little.

---

This chapter is hella short and I'm sorry about that. But writer's block is a bitch. I hope you enjoyed anyways.