05- Tick Tock, TickTock, tICktOckTicKtocK

Clocks.

Whoever invented them needs to go straight to hell.

I have always been paranoid about time for some reason.

Will I make it on time? Will I be late? What if I don't have enough time? Time time time.

That's where the clock issue comes up. They are always just there to remind you to hurry the fuck up or fall into a state of "I'm out of time."

That annoying sound that they produce. There is literally nothing good about clocks. But I guess others would have different opinions on the matter. Oh well.

"Stop doing that." Mel whispers to me. I quickly shush her because it would gain unwanted attention from the Mathias. We are taking a test right now and I just keep zoning out and tapping my pencil on the desk. Mel has always hated the sound.

"I'm a rebel I do what I want." I say as I start tapping my pencil again. She shoots me a glare but doesn't say anything in response.

I've always had this thing where I can't take a test if there is an annoying as clock in a quiet room.

That. Damn. Clock.

But since I'm not getting any work done anyway, now would be the perfect time to revisit my hot closet makeout memory.

"Come in Mr. Maxwell." I hear Mr. Keel say after I knock on his door. I don't waste anytime and I walk into the classroom. There is nobody else in here besides me. Where was Mathias?

"I'm in the closet!" The teacher calls from a closet connected to the classroom.

"Uh...why did you want me to come again?" I asked uncertainty while I slowly walked towards where I heard his voice.

His response was a little muffled coming from the other room. "I read an article the other day and it made me think of you."

"Oh?" I asked, now in the doorway of the closet. He is standing on his toes trying to reach some papers from the top shelf on the wall. I walk in and grab them down for him, seeing as he is quite a bit shorter than me.

"Thanks," He says gratefully and takes the papers from me. "And about the article, it mentioned that sunglasses indoors aren't good for you."

"And this applies to me..because?" I say while fixing my sunglasses on my face.

"Like I said, it reminded me of you. I actually don't mind the glasses," He leans in close to my ear, "They kind of turn me on."

I feel my jeans tighten a little at that statement.

I pull away from him and lean in. I stop at his neck and inhale his addicting scent. I start to gently kick his neck while he puts his hands on my waist.

Our lips find each others and we share a breathtaking kiss that makes me excited in places that shouldn't be excited--

"Alright class, pass up you tests. You can take that last ten minutes to socialize but not too loud please." Mathias says to the class, interrupting my train of thought. Good thing too because it would have been very embarrassing standing up if my thoughts went any further.

Melia turned to me after handing in our tests with a knowing look.

"Ok what's on your mind? You barely answered half the test." She asks.

"I'll tell you later. Now how do you think you did?" I ask hoping she would just drop the whole subject. She would definitely get all judgy if I told her what I was thinking about.

Class seems to end fairly quickly after the test. Mel and I just talk about random things. Things that don't matter.

But in the back of my mind...that damn clock still ticked and it was slowly driving me crazy.

That clock is always there to remind me that life goes by quickly. That we don't have any time. That something big is coming and none of us are ready for it until it is already too late and now we are just stuck in the same cycle.

Time. Clocks. Life.

All connected but all so separate.

Time...Clocks...Death.

----

Not gonna lie...I'm in love with this book. I love the concept so much and I am so excited. That's why I'm gonna be forcing myself to write it all night :3