13- Overcome

OK SO LOOK AT THIS FUCKING MASTERPIECE IN THE MEDIA BOX. SHE WHO DOESNT WANT TO BE NAMED MADE THIS FOR ME AND I AM SO IN LOVE WITH IT. ANYWAYSSSSSSSS...

——————————-

I'm not okay.

I haven't been for a long time. But who am I supposed to tell? Who will listen?

No one. No one has ever listened before. Why would they start now?

"Bipolar disorder." The shrink says from across from me. I look up with malice, "Have you heard of it?"

Mason and my dad decided that I needed have a psych evaluation and a therapist. Mostly because I kept on having breakdowns. Then they found the burns but oh well!

"No but I've recently taken up researching. I read a couple articles and I came to the conclusion that I could have Ligma." I never break eye contact.

"Ligma?" He asks curiously.

"Yep." I look back down towards the front of his desk where I've been kicking it for the last thirty minutes.

"I'll have to look that up later." He writes it down in his notebook.

The rest of the session I just nod along and it's kind of like I'm somewhere else. Not listening to the psychologist.

"Hey I'm back. I brought your favorite blanket." A woman's voice suddenly invaded my ears. I look around but no one is there except Dr. Favre.

"Layla is coming today. I know you haven't seen her since she left for college." The woman continues to speak. She keeps talking about my favorite soup or something but then her voice goes away.

I'm completely frozen in my seat because the name Layla has a strange effect on me. I don't even know a Layla.

I feel like my brain is an asshole who is playing a prank on me. But that isn't possible. What the fuck is happening?

Oh shit, what if I am crazy?

Dr. Favre soon lets me know that I am able to leave. "Your parents are waiting outside" he says as I'm walking out the door. I walk down the plain hallway with ugly beige walls.

As soon as I walk out, my parents are standing there...talking to Mathias.

"What's up fuckers." I say putting my arms around my dads shoulders. "What's going on here?" I ask giving Mathias a look that says 'what the fuck are you thinking?'

"We ran into your Calculus teacher! I can't believe you don't talk about him more often." Mason says cheerfully. A little too cheerfully in my opinion. He better keep his eyes on my dad and not my man.

My face lights up at the thought that I just said 'my man.'

Mathias keeps on giving me concerned glances as Mason talks his ears off. Then I realize we're outside of a counseling services building. Great...now he thinks I'm crazy.

"Hey can I talk to Mr. Keel alone? I need to ask about the homework..." I ask the shitheads. They agreed and quickly said their goodbyes.

When I made sure they were in the car I pushed Mathias into the wall. "What the fuck were you thinking coming here?!"

He seemed completely confused. What an idiot.

"I..I heard you were here and I wanted to see you." He says pleadingly.

Awe. This idiot likes me.

I quickly kiss him on the lips and walk to the car. I look back to see him blushing and smiling. "And don't be staring at my ass" I yell smiling like an idiot. I hear him chuckling before I turn the curb where my dads are parked.

Maybe today wasn't so bad after all.

Maybe I'm not alone.

And maybe. Just maybe. Moving wasn't such a bad thing.