11- Time That We Don't Have

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

————————————

"Ace?" Mr. Keel asked from his desk.

I looked up at him with thoughts storming my head. There are so many things I don't know about this man. Every time I feel like I know Mathias Keel, he turns around and introduces something new.

"Who are you?" I whispered my thoughts.

Everyone seemed to look at me like I had grown two heads.

Melia quickly stood and grabbed my hand. She started pulling me through the desks and out of the class.

My eyes were stuck on Mathias the whole time.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Mel exclaims once we make it to an empty hallway.

I don't answer.

"Ace. Seriously. You're scaring me."

"Really? I've always wanted someone to be scared of me." I say, already feeling better being out of that room.

She smacks the back of my head, "I'm not scared of you dumbass, I'm scared that you're going crazy."

"Mel. I'm fine. Look." I do a little spin to show that I am in perfect health. "No need to worry so much."

"Really? No need to worry? Ace! These past few days you just haven't been here. Not mentally." I nod my head and look at our feet. "It like you've completely checked out. I don't know what's happening and it's scaring me."

I'm about to answer but the bell rings and students start pouring out of their classes.

"It's time to go." I say and Mel just rolls her eyes.

Time to go.

Mel storms off to her class. I just look up at the clock.

Time to go.

——————————

The day went by normally after that. Class by class. Hour by hour. Minute by minute.

Tick fucking tock.

Do you ever just have those days where you just need to sing karaoke alone even though you're convinced you sound like a dying pig?

Heh. Heh. Me neither...

"Yo I'm deadass not having a good time." I say from the bed.

Mathias' bed.

I won't go into too much detail...but we fucked.

Now he's writing is some notebook across the room. I've gone ten minutes without attention already. I think I might die.

"What are we?" He aks, still writing in the notebook.

God I hate that question. I usually never let myself get involved as much as I have with Mathias. Truth is, I don't know how to be what he wants.

"Um...well....I would say we're two horny dudes who are pretty attractive."

He snorts but says nothing.

Soon he finally finishes writing in that little notebook of his and comes over to me.

We don't talk. We don't ask irrelevant questions. We don't waste time that we don't have.

We're just here.

For however long that may be.