16- The Edge Of Glory

Ringringringring

I pick up the phone after trying to avoid it for the past thirty minutes.

"Where are you?" My dad says in a low menacing tone. I don't answer. "God damnit Alexander! Get your ass home!" I jump at the sound.

Tears start to fill my eyes and I end the call. To avoid being called again, I throw my phone against the wall of the abandoned building I'm in, shattering it to pieces.

My mother's words float around my head.

"They're giving you up for adoption."

"The papers are signed and everything."

"They guilted me into singing them too."

"The family comes to get you tomorrow."

"Get out of there Ace."

Last time I eat dinner with my mom.

Why would they give me up? Am I that bad of a kid?

I know I'm an asshole that makes their lives harder...but I love them. And they don't love me.

And then there's Kai. My little brother. Does he know? Is he in on it?

I cry more and punch the wall beside me, cracking multiple spots in my hand. I don't even care right now.

Where will I go?

After thinking for awhile I decide there's only one place for me to go.

———

I knock on the door a few times. Maybe she's not home.

When I'm about to give up, the door swings open. But not with who I thought it would be.

"Ace?" He says with the mostly guilty look I've ever seen.

"Mathias..." tears begin to fill my eyes again. It's not until Mel comes to the door in Mathias' shirt and her underwear that I let the tears flow.

I turn and run while they call after me. I don't fucking have anybody. No one!

I run and run and run until I can't anymore.

I find myself on the edge of a cliff peering over the city.

I don't have a home. No one loves me. I have nothing...