08- Mabel

*Ace is an absolute little shit and some of his opinions are just that. HIS opinions. I based Ace off of myself in a lot of ways but somethings that he believes and thinks are just purely made up and have nothing to do with me. Don’t come for me queens*

I’ve heard a lot of stories about how queer kids are scared shitless to come out. That they would do absolutely anything to hide that fact.

Not me bitch.

I basically came out because I couldn’t miss the opportunity to make a gay joke.

Oh well.

Of course my mom did not take it well. But truth is, I couldn’t care less. Our relationship is just starting to get back to where it was again but there will always be a part of me who doesn’t give a shit about her. Seeing as how she kicked me out to fend for myself.

I probably would’ve died if I didn’t know where my dads lived. And now I’m here. Funnnnn.

The reason I mention queer kids and their irrelevant fears...is because I’m back in the town where my life was basically turned upside down.

Warabee.

The place where I was popular. The place where I had many friends.

The place that everyone turned on me when they figured out I like dick instead of bob and vagene.

It wasn’t a total loss because all my “friends” were annoying as hell. Jealous little shits who just wanted to be my friend for popularity or my money. Ahem. Mother’s money.

Patrick is the biggest pussy for bringing me back here. I’m not going to crawl into a corner and cry because there are memories here. I’m going to get a bus and get my ass back to the place I now call home.

----

Turns out...that bus thing is gonna be a postponed.

Plot twist but not really.

Instead of getting on the bus like I oh so wanted to...Mason just had to fucking text me asking where I was. I didn’t even notice the time was 3 a.m. until I saw the missed calls and texts.

Point is, I refuse to do what Mason wants so now I’m at a  froyo shop hanging out with my old neighbor.

She’s a nice old lady. Name’s Mabel.

She was always such a sweetheart to me and made sure I felt welcomed. She would let me stay the night when my mom was drunk. Dad was already gone and so she just needed someone to beat instead of him.

I was so heartbroken the first time she laid her hands on me.

When she sobered up the next day, she just kept on apologizing. Promising that it would never happen again. Promising that it was a one time thing.

Turns out...it wasn’t.

I hate to admit it...scratch that. I’m fucking glad to admit it. I am so so so happy that I am out of the goddamn place. One more beating and I would’ve given up.

“It’s been a really boring month without you, my little Alexander.” Mabel says. She is the only person that I let call me Alexander. She has done so much for me and I would let her call me literally anything. She was the only one to never give up on me.

Even my dad couldn’t stay with me.

He had to go and marry Mason and leave me all alone with a bat shit crazy mother.

I mean come on! He hasn’t even had a full conversation with me since I moved in. It’s all Mason this. Mason that. Do whatever the fuck Mason wants because he’s clearly the boss and he needs his ass kissed twenty four fucking seven.

“Aw, Mabel. You know you don’t need me to have a good time. You’re one crazy bitch. Always the life of the party.” I say and Mabel side hugs me.

I love this woman with all that is in me. Nothing could ruin this moment.

----

“HOLY FUCKING SHIT I AM THE PINNACLE OF BAD LUCK!” I yell to Mel on the phone safely from inside my room. “I get on the bus. I’m halfway home. AND THEN MY BASTARD CALCULUS TEACHER/MAKEOUT BUDDY GETS ON. AND GET THIS. WITH A WOMAN. THAT HE KISSED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.”

“Ok calm the fuck down bro you’re on speaker phone and my parents are trying to sleep. And so are yours.” Melia says. She’s always so reasonable. Why didn’t I think of that? “And honestly you shouldn’t get involved with a teacher. It’s literally the worst idea ever.”

“Yes I know but...but...he’s just so hot Mel…” *insert sad pouty face here*

“Oh would you look at the time it’s time for sleep.” Mel hangs up before I can say anything. I guess she’s right. Mason is definitely going to wake me up in a few hours and yell at me.

What’s new?

----
And now for the part that most people skip over :)

Oh my god! I finally found some damn motivation to write a whole chapter in one night. :O

Please be proud because I sure am.

And alsooooooo. Please don't kill me for this book going really slow right now. I'm trying to drag it out for as long as I can because I always seem to make the characters fall in love too fast for my liking in my stories. And then I try to end the story as fast as possible. Which makes the story gross and cringey and terrible. *cough cough* like Done Keeping My Story Straight.

I want to finally have a longer book that people will actually read.

I really love this story so far and I'm hoping you guys are too.

- L.T