Chapter 18

Summary of Chapter 17 (SPOILER WARNING!!)

As soon as Ellie finds out about Clinton's child, she breaks up with him, yet she can't manage to stop thinking about their beautiful times. Clinton tries to find his way out of the pain and hides behind alcohol like in the older times.
Ellie goes back to her apartment and finds a sheet of paper on Laura's bed and finds out that Laura was gone forever.
**********

Ellie's POV

"What....?!" I say as I burst into tears.

"What the fuck... LAURA?!" I scream falling on my knees.

"What the fuck!!" I repeat.

I've never felt so lost and bad at the same time.. I don't fucking know what to say.. my words can't express my feelings at the moment. How the fuck will I be able to feel better after this? How will I be able to survive? Why? What did I do wrong?! How am I supposed to tell Christian that Laura has left us?! I have so many questions stuck in my head it's unreal.

The one I trusted the most, I believed in, who helped me, who always had my back was now gone. How will I manage to forget someone who was like a sister to me? Could YOU be able to forget your siblings out of the blue? I bet you fucking can't. How will I be able to do it?! God, I need help. I don't know where I'll go now. I feel like a little child who lost their parents and doesn't know where to go next.

However, I try to call her again while I keep sobbing, but she won't pick up the phone. Therefore I lay down on her bed literally crying a river, thinking about us. And most importantly, what I'm gonna do if Christian starts calling me because he probably can't reach Laura on the phone. What will I do then? Should I lie to him? Should I tell him the truth?

My thoughts are getting interrupted by a call, so I quickly grab my phone to check who's calling.

"Fucking hell..." I tell myself as I see Christian's name on the phone.

I bite my nail thinking if I should answer the call or not.. fuck it, I'll do it. I clear my throat before sliding to answer the call.

"Hey Christian what's up"
"Nothing much.. You fine?"
"Well no but.." I sigh "eh I'll be fine don't worry. And thanks for checking up on me. It means a lot.."
"Anytime sweetie" he stops talking.
"Umm I also wanted to ask you something else"

Oh shit.. I hope he's not gonna ask about Laura.. is all that comes to my mind.

"Is Laura with you? She hasn't come back here yet.."

Oh fuck fuck fuck... what am I supposed to tell him now?! 'He actually did that' I think to myself while the awkward silence fills the atmosphere.

"Umm.. Christian I want to tell you something.. face to face. You should come visit me real quick"
"What happened?" He starts to worry.
"Just come here, okay? I'll tell you everything"
"Alright see ya" he says and ends the call fast. Shit. What am I gonna tell him now... is it actually good for him what I'm about to do in a few minutes? Ugh I don't fucking know about anything anymore.. I'm just gonna tell him everything. If I said it some time later, he'd find it out anyway so why should I hide it, huh?
_______

The time flies by fast, and my thoughts are getting interrupted twice. The bell is ringing. I walk towards the door. Before opening it, I quickly wipe away my tears. As I open the door, I face the blonde boy I just talked on the phone with: Christian.
"Hey, come on in" I step aside and let him enter the hallway.
"What's the thing you wanted to tell me?" He turns around expecting my answer nervously. I close the door and lead him to the living room as I keep my mouth shut.