Chapter 26

Summary of Chapter 25 (SPOILER WARNING!!)

Ellie's mom, who just came to see her daughter, doesn't seem to like Clinton at all. After Clinton leaves Ellie's place, Ellie and her mom are really close to argue.
Before this happens, Ellie finds an excuse to leave the house for a while. She meets Christian, who accompanies her and therefore makes her feel more comfortable.
They both visit the university and Ellie happens to see a good friend of hers there. During their conversation, she seems to like Christian a lot.
When it gets darker outside, Ellie decides to go back home, and whom she sees after a very long time, makes her shocked: Nathan.
**********

Ellie's POV

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I am literally shocked right now. I have no words. The only thing I feel is my anger and madness growing bigger towards Nathan.
"Get out of here. Now!" He starts smirking as I do nothing but burst in anger while trying to drag him towards the door.

"Ellie? What are you doing?" saying this, my mom suddenly appears.
"Are you completely out of your mind?!" I yell at her.
"No I'm not, but you are! Stop it now. I told him to visit me"
"Wow. You really did that. I'm so proud of you, mom - honestly. And you better fuck off before I slit your throat"

I turn around warning Nathan. I don't understand why he is still chuckling like before, but he exactly knows this makes me even angrier.
A few seconds later he finally takes his stuff with him and leaves my apartment.

"Are you completely out of your mind, mom?! Why did you invite this asshole"
"I want you guys to fix everything. You can't let him go so easily, he was such a brilliant boy"
"Are you sure about that?! It wasn't you who was a couple with him, it was me. He is no good and nobody knows that as good as me. Not even you"
"Give him a second chance baby, he talked to me. He said he has changed. He cried a lot when I met him in Ohio."

"So he planned everything. He's being very successful when it's about you though"
"Are you trying to claim that I'm stupid?!" she raises her voice rapidly.
I stay silent for a while and sigh "ugh mom, it's not what I wan-"
"No shut up! I just want you to have a beautiful life. I'm meant to help you as your mother. But go ahead, do what you want." She stands up, grabbing her jacket. She then leaves my apartment. Fuck. I must've hurt her immensely. It wasn't the aim I wanted to reach though, what do I do now? Also I don't know which hotel she stays in, I'll have to try to call her a few times until she responds I guess.

I call her a few times, but she wouldn't answer my calls.
So awesome to raise other problems when I didn't even solve any of those that exist already, right?
Now I have to make my mom happy or she'll get even more disappointed.
But how am I supposed to tell her that I still love Clinton? She wouldn't like that. God. I'm in a dilemma and it didn't really suprise me at all.

"Good luck at getting out of the situation, Ellie" I tell myself.

I look at the time. 1:12PM. Since it's been a very long day, and since I'm really tired and sad, I decide to go to bed and sleep. But first, I change my clothings and slip into something more comfortable. I grab my bear Teo and lay down on my bed, thinking about this long ass day.

"I'm so tired, Teo" I sigh, looking at my bear "firstly I find out about Noah being the son of a man called Christopher, and then my mom visits me out of the blue, and then I come home and face Nathan. Such a beautiful day, huh? I keep talking to Teo as if he'd listen to me which makes me at least feel a lot better somehow.

"I guess I'll never get out of the big black hole I'm stuck in ever since Nathan cheated on me. That bitch ruined my life. And then I ruined my life myself. Not once. Not twice. A few times now. Such an amazing life experience."