Chapter 22

Summary of Chapter 21 (SPOILER WARNING!!)

Clinton, who's still affected by the fact that Ellie put her and his baby's life in danger, keeps overthinking everything. Suprisingly, Noah manages to make his dad feel a bit better before he leaves the house. Christian decides to go visit Ellie with Clinton, and the two friends chat away more than they did in the previous days.
They arrive. As soon as the old couple, Ellie and Clinton, see each other, they stay quiet. Later on, Christian leaves them both to go get something to drink. Meanwhile, they finally manage to exchange words and suddenly, Jade walks into the room.
**********

Ellie's POV

"What brought you here?" Clinton says with a harsh tone.
"Well, you of course!" she walks closer to him, her heels clicking louder. She puts her hands onto Clinton's shoulder, but Clinton removes her hands immediately.
"Hmm. Aand" she pauses and takes a deep breath "Ellie.. well I'm so sorry! I heard what happened to you. Ugh, poor thing" she ironically says with her high pitched voice as she pouts.
I just keep glancing at her, planning on saying nothing.
"I exactly know why you came here" I coudn't help myself but whispered those words silently.
"Huh? What did ya say?" she has that annoying smile on her lips. I hate it so much. I wish I could punch her in the face right now.
"Huh? Nothing" I smile back at her, and I feel like my annoyed self could be easily recognized by anyone while doing so.
Is Clinton really happy with this bitch? I can't imagine him living together with such a literal trashbag aka her.

"Stop it Jade" Clinton stands up and drags her towards the door.
"Go home now. That's enough"
She keeps staring at him. She looks at me. I could see jealousy in her eyes.
"What did I just say!" Clinton growls, after what Jade leaves the room with a pissed face expression.

"I'm sorry.." Clinton says while avoiding eye contact.
"It's fine, really. Don't worry about that.." I talk more silent with time.
"When are you gonna be discharged from hospital?"
"Can't really tell you because I don't know it either"
"I shall ask your doctor then.." he suggests.

The room gets filled with silence for a good while until I break the silence.
"Hey you wanted to tell me something, remember"
"Really? Oh! Yeah sure thing um.." he mumbles.

Before he could say anything, the door opens once again and we see Christian coming in.
He acts suprised and says: "Oh damn! Did I interrupt you or"
"Nahh it's fine. You didn't" Clinton lies. With that Christian walks in and sits down on the chair he'd sitten on before.
"Mitchel just called me. He needs our help to fix the mixer. Noah broke it"
"Oh damn how?" Clinton slightly chuckles.
"I don't know honestly" Christian hands the bottle of water over to Clinton while laughing.
I wonder who Noah is. Is it Clinton's friend or something?

"Who's Noah?" I smile.
"Clinton's son" Christian answers while he keeps laughing.
My heart starts to race after hearing about Noah actually being Clinton's son. I feel my face almost getting the sad expression, but in order to not show it I fake my smile. Damn. I almost forgot he has a child.

"Um then you should go home I guess! Take care of your child Clinton! Don't let him break anything else!" I tell him nervously.
"Is that fine for y-"
I interrupt him immediately. "Yes really!! It's fine, just go. I'm super fine no need to worry about me. Just go now"

"Alright then.." Clinton stands up and grabs the bottle he put onto the table a few minutes ago.

"Call us if you're bored."
"And I'm gonna go talk to your doctor now" Clinton says.
"Okay.." I answer.
"Bye Ellie, take care, love you" Christian walks closer to me and kisses my cheek and I kiss his.

Christian later opens the door and they leave the room.
As soon as I'm alone in the room tears start rolling down my face. I faced reality once again. It hurts so much that Clinton can't be with me anymore, it hurts to hear that he has a child, maybe a wife, who definitely won't be me, in the future. I have to accept it with time. I really need to.