Chapter 23

Summary of Chapter 22 (SPOILER WARNING!!)

After Jade appeared in Ellie's room, Clinton orders her to leave him and Ellie alone. She ignores what Clinton told her, until Clinton gets mad, and she leaves.
Later the boys need to go back home. As soon as the boys leave, Ellie breaks down since reality hits her once again: she knows she'll never be together with the love of her life.
On the way home, Christian struggles to find a solution for the situation between Ellie and Clinton, but he fails.
After returning back home, Noah and Clinton play a game together. What Clinton hears from Noah later, makes him question if he's the actual dad of him or not.
**********

Clinton's POV

"Noah, I need to go somewhere. Uncle Kras is going to take care of you, fine?" I put Noah on the couch and stand up.
"Okay" he glances at me.
I then run my hands through Noah's hair in order to take a few strands of his hair with me. Luckily, I was successful so that I didn't need to hurt Noah for pulling his hair a little.

"Kras, come here!" I yell to the kitchen where he has been doing something.
"What's up dude" he says while coming closer to me.
"I need to do a couple things outside. Take care of Noah"
He then nods and I go to the kitchen, grabbing a little plastic bag, putting the few hair strands into the bag.
Before I leave the house, I knock on Jade's door and enter her room, facing her while she's putting on some new clothes.
"I.. I'm sorry, I'm gonna wait outside unt-"
"No it's fine come in, what happened?" She smirks after biting her lip.
"Nothing I left something in your room the other day.. I need to find it"
"Okay.. and Clinton"
"Yeah?"
"Do you still love Ellie?"
I wait before giving her the real answer "Yeah"
"Oh, okay-" she giggles and leaves the room.
What the fuck was this right now? Anyways, now that Jade is gone, I can look for Noah's passport.

After that, I go put on my shoes and my jacket, hurrying to the car and starting the engine. I need to go to the clinic real quick, where you can do the DNA tests.

Should I now believe him and go make the DNA test? Or did he just tell me all this out of confusion? Should I go talk to Jade about it? And if I do so, would she manipulate me and tell me he was only "kidding"? This is definitely not a coincidence. I must go to the clinic to find out the truth behind everything.
I quickly drive to the clinic, regardless of the fact that this is kinda random and unexpected. But who cares.. honestly, I don't give a shit! I need to find it out immediately.
If Jade lied about me being Noah's father, I will end her for ruining his life. What the actual fuck was she thinking of? The fuck was running through her mind while doing so!?
Anyways, I'm about to arrive to the clinic.
Arriving to the clinic, I get out of the car and take out my and Noah's passport and walk to the reception.

"Excuse me miss, can I make a fast DNA test of me and my son?"
"Sure, but you know that costs a lot more than a normal test right?"
"Yeah, of course" I nod.
"Brilliant, can I have the passports please?"

I hand the passports to her and she checks it up.
"Alright, you need to talk to our expert as well I suppose? So please take a seat in the waiting room, I'll call out your name when it's your turn, Mr. Cave." She smiles, and I go take a seat in the waiting room.
_______

I've been waiting for a good while now. Finally, I hear my name and walk up to the room that was shown on the display.

I face a tall, old man and we shake hands.
"Hello Mr. Cave, come on in! Please take a seat"
I sit down and we get into the topic quickly. I tell him about my worries while he carefully listens. He tells me about the process and everything about the DNA test, and I fill out the form he gave me. I hand him Noah's hair and mine and pay him.
"We're going to contact you when I receive the results. Now that I have nothing to say or ask you from my side, I shall ask you if you have any questions."
"No, everything's fine."
"Alright, you can go home then, Mr. Cave"
"Thank you"
We shake hands and then I leave the hospital.