george smith

i giggled, unlocking the front door with george behind me, the two of us at my dad's house, but him having gone to london for the weekend for business.

my dog, molly, jumped down from the sofa, having heard george and i enter, and she happily pattered over to us, her tail wagging as i fussed her.

george and i walked into the kitchen, molly following us as i turned on the oven, before grabbing a large bowl, pouring in cookie mix from a sachet george had just opened for me.

i added a load of extra chocolate chips and a handful of marshmallows, then adding some water to the mix to make it into a dough, which i began to spoon onto a baking tray, george standing behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist as i did, molly eagerly looking up at us, in the hope she'd get some food.

"george!" i playfully squealed when he ate some chocolate chips, and he just gorgeously smiled down at me.

i put the tray into the oven, before sitting on a stool next to george at the breakfast bar, and resting my head on his shoulder as we talked, and i fed him mini marshmallows for fifteen minutes, until the cookies had baked.

george grabbed an oven glove and retrieved the tray, putting them on the side to allow them to cool, but, getting impatient after only ten seconds, i got up and grabbed one, burning my hand in the process but not minding as they smelt so good.

george chuckled fondly at me as i bit into a cookie, mumbling, "shit." at how hot it was, but still eating regardless.

"are they good, babe?" george teased playfully once i'd very quickly finished the cookie and i nodded with a sheepish grin on my lips.

he put the rest onto a plate, taking it into the living room and putting on a funny programme on the tv, before sitting on the sofa and pulling me to cuddle into his side, the cookies on his lap, the two of us eating them and laughing for ages.