The Benefit Dinner

"You will never run from me again do you hear me bitch! I'll teach you a lesson you won't ever forget!"

SHIT!!!! I jumped up, just another dream god! it seems to happen every time I'm on my way back home!

Coming back home was a nightmare for Alex but that was something she promised her mother before going to Harvard university in London.

Alex told her mother she would attend the dinners on the weekend as she could not make them through the week.

Alex knew her mother was a worry wart , Ever since school Alex was a recluse and only had a handful of friends growing up especially Sophia Maddox, that was Alex's best friend.

Alex and Sophia were joined at the hip they did everything together.

" I can't believe your going all the way to London why can't you just say yes to Stanford university." Sophia would say to Alex over and over .

Alex knew it was going to be hard but she had to get away and knew London was far enough.

"Don't worry Soph we will talk every day and face time so I might not be there in person but I will still be there technically."

Both girls would be in fits of laughter thinking of what they would see when face timing each other, even though Sophia knew Alex probably wouldn't even look at boys while she was away since that's why she was going there in the first place.

Sophia was right of course Alex never really dated while in London she had friends she would go for a drink with but that's where it stopped and that's the way she preferred it.

Not that Alex didn't get any interest, men were always trying to go on dates with her and mesmerised by her beauty.

Alex was a natural blonde with big brown eyes that told a tale of their own. She always wore the very minimum amount of make up as she was a natural beauty who never needed much, Well that's what every one told her, She on the other hand didn't want any attention coming her way.

Alex's iPhone started to ring as she left the airport Alex knew straight away who it would be. Here we go she thought another weekend full of obsessiveness and controlling her every move.

"Hello mother how are you."

"Are you here yet? Manwell is there waiting for you, I started to get worried when he didn't have you with him,  Your plane landed ten minutes ago."

" Yes mother I am here, my baggage took a while to come, I can see Manwell now I'll see you when I get home okay."

"I'm sorry hunni you know how frantic I get,  you know I don't like you traveling that distance by yourself."

Even though she had some form of security no less then ten yards away  watching my every move. Ever since I decided to go to London to study Business and economics she hired extra security.

"I know mother don't worry I will be there soon no fuss okay."

Knowing that she always did fuss when I came home.

" Maybe just a little fuss darling I don't see you much and what kind of mother would I be if I didn't spoil you."

"Okay mom see you soon."

That woman was so impossible but I'm the sucker for not telling her straight to loosen the rains she has on me.

It was so hard her determination is so strong and I've always wanted her to be so proud of me.