Road Trip!

Most likely a long series of one shots

"I'm so glad that's over," I sighed, sitting in the passenger seat of Michael's car after our graduation ceremony. "High school was kinda crazy."

"Most high schools aren't invaded by an AI," he admitted, and I nodded.

"It's just good to know that it's all over."

I grabbed Michael's hand, smiling over to him.

"Damn, I love you so much," I muttered, leaning over the console to press a kiss to his lips.

Before anything else could happen, I heard someone knock on the car door, and I'd never moved away from a person faster than at that very instant.

I saw Jeremy smirking devilishly through my window, then flipped him off.

"What do you want?" I asked after rolling down the window.

"Where are we meeting up tomorrow?" he asked. "Did you forget about the trip?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, I didn't forget. We're meeting at the 7-11 near Michal's place to grab food before we go. Which reminds me; Bring a cooler filled, like, a third of the way with ice so we can have drinks. We'll probably be there around seven in the morning."

"So, who's gonna be driving?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Probably me and Rich," I answered. "Now, hurry up and leave, I was in the middle of something."

Jeremy rolled his eyes, but he started walking off anyway. I rolled up the window, then turned back to Michael, who had a tiny frown.

"Can we take my car seperately?" he asked. "The others are pretty cool, but I want to just ride with you."

I raised an eyebrow. "But that's a lot of extra gas money," I said. "Are you sure you want to?"

He nodded, and I sighed.

"Well, I can't say no to a face like yours," I said, and he smiled. With that, I went back to what I was doing before, putting a hand on his cheek while he put one on my waist.

"Hey, calm down!" I laughed when his hand travelled. "We can do that at your place on the bed, or when we get to the hotel tomorrow."

He smiled at me as I sat correctly in my seat and put on my seatbelt. "Is that a promise?"

I gave him a deadpan look. "As long as you're not too loud. I don't want the others to wake up and call us out."

"What?! You're louder than I am!"

~~~

I woke up in Michael's bed, but that's where I almost always woke up. Today, like those other days, Michael had yet to wake up. A sigh escaped me as I looked at his face, moving the hair out of the way.

"Morning," he mumbled after a minute or so.

"Good morning," I returned, smiling as his eyes began to open. "Ready for the trip to begin?"

He groaned, closing his eyes again. "Ten more minutes."

I laughed as he dragged me closer to him, my forehead gently touching his. "Ah, I can't argue with you, but only five minutes. I wanna get ready to go, especially if you still wanna take your car."

A sigh left my lips. "Shit, I forgot to tell Rich about that."

I pried myself from Michael's arms despite his protests, reaching for the bedside table where my phone and his glasses sat.

"Hey, Rich," I mumbled.

"What's up?" he asked, sounding a little more awake than I was. God, that lisp was kinda cute.

"I just forgot to tell you something yesterday. Michael and I are go-" I was cut off by a huge yawn. "-we're gonna take a seperate car, okay?"

He mumbled something to himself before giving me a response. "Okay, I'll woek something out with the others," he said.

"Thanks," I responded gratefully. "Alright, I'll leave you be. Bye!"

"Later!"

I placed my phone on the table, and Michael attacked me with a huge hug.

"Somebody's finally awake," I joked, smiling as he huddled close to me.

"Only because you wouldn't come back," he whined.

"Well, since you're awake, this is the perfect time to start getting ready!" I enthused, getting out of the bed. "Hurry up, we have to pack and shower in the next..." I checked his clock. "...forty minutes! Time's wasting!"

"We could shower together to save time," he said, a small smile on his face.

"We agreed on saving that for the hotel room, remember?" I reminded him, and he sighed. "Ugh, fine. One quickie."

His expression grew brighter at that, and he finally got off of his bed.

"Well, you said it, time's wasting," he said, grabbing my arm to drag me to the bathroom as I tried to contain my laughter.