Michael in the Bathroom

This party absolutely dragged. Somewhere in the middle of the music and the dancing, the drugs and the alcohol, the sex and the drama, my two friends, Michael and Jeremy, were missing.

Of course, with recent events, I had a pretty good idea where Jeremy was. Not to mention I saw some girl dragging him to some bedroom, which made me sick.

My problem was with finding Michael. The smoke and the disgusting smell of alcohol was making me nauseous, so I decided to run to the bathroom before I puked.

I knocked on the door, but, at first, I didn't hear anything. I tried the handle, but it was locked.

"I wish I'd stayed at home in bed, watching cable porn," came Michael's distraught voice, "or wish I'd offed myself instead! Wish I was never born!"

Tears started to fall as I recognized what was going on. My fingers fumbled to try and open up the door.

"Oh, I'm just Michael who's a loner, so he must be a stoner! Rides a P.T. Cruiser! God, he's such a loser! Michael flyin' solo, who you think that you know! Michael in the bathroom by himself!"

My fist slammed against the door, seemingly snapping him out of it. I heard a few swears, before he came over to open the door.

"Sorry, I'll-"

He couldn't say anything else, because I had pulled him into a hug, stepping into the bathroom and closing the door behind me. There were no words, for a couple moments, until he broke the silence.

"I'm guessing you heard that," he sighed. "Listen, it's nothing. I'm just...drunk, or whatever."

"You're not alone," I said, hugging him tighter. "You fucking idiot."

We both sank to the floor, and I sniffed, before I tried matching his tune.

"I tried calling all night, did you ever even look at your phone?"

He blinked, then shook his head almost dejectedly.

"I'm sorry, I got caught up, and I left you all alone."

Before he could protest, I started up the next part.

"I don't care if you go home and watch shitty porn," I sniffed, trying to gain control, "I'm so glad you're alive! I'm happy you were born!"

His hands gripped my waist as I continued.

"Yeah, you're Michael who's a loner, Michael who's a stoner! Rides a P.T. Crusier! God, you're such a loser! But you're not here solo, anywhere that you go, you won't be in the bathroom by yourself!"

At that point, we both started crying. He dropped his face into my neck, his shoulders heaving. I couldn't even try to cheer either of us up.

"I'm sorry you felt that way," I muttered. "I swear to God, I'll never make you feel that way again, just...please...don't say you wish you were dead. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"It's not your fault," he told me, sniffing away the rest of his tears. He moved to sit comfortably on the floor, holding me in his lap. "I'll be just fine."

"Promise."

He almost had to laugh at my little pinky, waiting for him to cross his little finger with mine. "Yeah, I promise." His finger hooked on mine.

Before I could stop myself, I grabbed his face and kissed him, still trying to repress all of my emotions. Although surprised, he was quick on the uptake, and a surprisingly good kisser. He kept his hands on my hips as mine found their way into his hair.

I squealed when he moved to lay me on the ground, hovering over me with his lips practically attatched to my own. A laugh escaped me as his mouth trailed down my neck. "I'm ticklish, and you know that!" I whined, feeling him grin against my skin.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened, and a girl stood there, almost frozen for a moment. After that second, she whispered, "I'll look for another bathroom." With that, she reached over to lock the door, something I had failed to do earlier, then left us alone.

I couldn't help from laughing, gripping Michael's hoodie as if it would help me calm down. He didn't laugh, but he had a huge smile on his face when he looked down at me.

"I think I love you," he basically purred, grinning hugely.

My heart pounded, but I didn't miss a beat. "I think I love you more."

He raised an eyebrow, before his lips captured my own again. I couldn't even think about anything or anyone else, even with the loud music coming from other rooms.

"Wanna leave this crappy party?" I asked him once he pulled back. "I've got snacks at my place."

A little smile crossed his lips, before he nodded his agreement. "That sounds better than this shit-show."

With a mutual agreement, he moved off of me, helping me to stand up, before we headed out of the bathroom.

Everything was still loud and smelled like drugs, but I was okay because I was leaving while holding Michael's hand. That made everything so much better.