Chapter 34

9 years later      

   "Hanifah what are you doing over there" Amirah asked coming down the stairs

   "Mummy I am only helping Hanisah with her hair. It seems the hairpin is not good enough"  replied the little beautiful girl holding a pin up. The girl that was addressed as Hanisah stood up and she was no different from Hanifah. They were the real definition of an unidentical twin.

    "Owk...come over here" Amirah said sitting on the couch across the twin " You should be careful when using this pins owk. Sometimes they could hurt you"

   "Yes mum" they both replied in unison as Amirah made a beautiful knot with the pins.

"Hy angels daddy is home!" Zayn  half screamed filled with excitement

   "Daddy... daddy" they both ran into his arms dragging for his suitcase "I got it first". Hanifah cried "no I got it first" Hanisah defended

   "Owk owk..  let me have my suitcase back" Zayn said taking the suitcase from Hanifah who was holding it so tightly "now are you both ready for some ice cream"

   "Yesssssssssss" they both screamed running to the kitchen

  "Baby why do you look so tired" Zayn asked sitting close to Amirah

   "I don't know why am still having this headaches and frequent weakness even after taking the pills prescribed" Amirahs said looking sad and weak

   "I think we should go to the hospital tomorrow. Baby I don't want to see you like this" Zayn said hugging her closely

    "I will be fine baby...I..I guess I need more rest" Amirah said laying down on Zayn's lap

  "Are you sure you will be fine" he asked disturbed

    "I will be fine"

  It was a lovely Friday morning and the weather seemed so radiant and warm. It seemed it mocked the people who are ungrateful about life or their lack of contentment. I watched as the sun came up the sky and as I tried to lift my hand they seemed too heavy to carry but I tried anyways. I stood up with all the strength I could afford and opened the window to allow the sun rays fill the whole room. I moved closer to the door as I heard Hanifah and Hanisah arguing again and I screamed asking for silence and with that very scream I lost my balance. I knew I was going to lose my strength and the more I fight it the more it gets weaker. I could hear my  babies voice asking me to please wake up and Zayn begging me to be strong. I wish I could do exactly what they want but its too hard for me.

      Zayn's P O V

   "Baby" I rushed to her the very moment she opened her eyes. "How do you feel"

   "Loved and fulfilled" She replied in a tired tone "Can I see my babies" she managed to ask with a smile

   "Sure...of course!" I replied as I went out to get Hanifa and Hanisah who were so happy to see their mum awake

  "Mummy how are you doing?, Mummy I bought you some chocolate, we didn't take ice cream and we slept early yesterday after praying to Allah for a great health for you". they said almost at once and Amirah kept smilling listening to nothing in particular as she cupped their faces with her hands.

   "My angels, the very hope I was blessed with. I want you both to always remember mummy loves you and no matter how hard it becomes you have to look out for each other. You grew in mummy's tummy together and came into the world the same time so you are inseparable." She said with tears as she drew them both close. "Don't forget what mummy has always taught you. Pray as much as you can and never trade your happiness for anything......I am sure you both will be great uhmmmm"

   "Mummy are you traveling" Hanifah asked wiping her mum's tears

    "Yes baby....I think Allah wants me to take a journey"

   "Can we come with you" Hanisah pleaded

    "No baby, you need to grow old and enjoy every bit of life before taking this journey"

   "But mummy we want to come with you and Daddy want to come along too" Hanisah said dragging Zayn close to the bed. That was when I realised his eyes were bloodshot

   "Sweethearts can you give mummy and daddy some time"

   "Owk" they both replied going out of the hospital room

   "Baby...I am sorry"

    "No....I am sorry, I am sorry I couldn't keep you happy and healthy, I am sorry I couldn't love you so so much" I said regretting not doing more

  " I love you and I am the most happiest person alive knowing that you loved me to my last day. I trust you will take care of my babies"

   "You are not going anywhere without me" I said losing my cool

  "I can't fight the virus any longer baby. I tried but I am tired"

   "I can talk to Dr Smith and even get the board members to go on another research. I could travel round the world and get the best drugs for you. I could take the virus out of you and inject it to myself. I could......baby! Baby! Babbbbyyyyyyyy!!!!" Zayn screamed as he shook Amirahs lifeless body just when the doctor came rushing in

   "Time of death 2:47pm" the doctor said as he recorded it on his chart book

   "Doctor tell me am dreaming"

    "Am sorry Dr Zayn but we lost her" the doctor's words rang in my head

   "Noooooooooo......no....no....this is not true" I kept screaming as my angels rushed in, and at that moment seeing them looking confused and sad gave me strength and with that strength I was ready to hold on. I need to be able to give them the very love and attention they deserve and with this thoughts I hugged them so tight trying not to lose them.

   Life is indeed unfair but it gives us the sweet parts and take them away at its will. I look at my babies growing into a woman and every single day I wish Amirah was here to see how Beautiful and respectful they grew up to be. I have lived, loved and been loved but importantly I have been blessed with the greatest gift a man could ask of. Children!....I am contented and I am happy to be given such a gift even when I was deprived of my better half. I knew life will not always be at my side but I was ready to fight every storm!!!

      The end