chapter 30

My sweetheart.....the one person that made me believe I could do this. Faizah Adamu Barwa. Thanks for been more than a friend and for your full support to stigma. I love you

   "Hy mum"

    "How are you doing.. what happened to your line?. I have been trying to call you but it's not connecting. You can come back home already if if...." she chanted all at once

   "Mum, mum just calm down"

     "Amirah what's going on. You sound suspicious"

    "Mum...I have good news for you" I said making a serious face

   "What is it..."

     "Owk.....mum, Zayn asked me to marry him and I said yes" I half screamed

    "Oh my baby am so happy. God is really great and just when I thought you could be down because of everything happening. God has blessed you with yet another joy." She said happiness clearly noticed in her voice.

     "Thank you Mom. I will be in New York by tomorrow, Zayn and I will be going to Nigeria for my court hearing and also to see my aunt about the wedding preparations since she is the only family member I have left"

      "Are you sure you are ready to go back home. Don't you think I should come with you" she said sounding worried

    "No mum am really fine. I have to go now, will talk to you later"  I ended the call as Emma entered the room

                        NIGERIA

       10 years away from home and it feels just like yesterday. This was a place I used to call home. I once felt save and loved here until the bad incident that changed everything.

      "What do you think about eko hotel and suites" I asked Zayn as I held up my tablet showing him the pictures of the hotel.

     "It's cool, heard it's one of the best" he replied as he concentrated on the road once more. Lagos traffic!

   "Owk eko hotel it is then. Am booking room 206 and 207" I said as I clicked on the book room button. "Booked" I said...This is what the internet can do.

    "Baby I guess we should go have lunch or what do you think" I asked as we both took our luggage into our respective rooms

   "Yahh am really hungry" he replied pushing his last bag into the room. "But I am very sure ummah would have taken care of our meal. We should just head there or what do you think"

    "Owk then" I replied unsure

   I 'm being completely ridiculous, I said as I hugged myself tightly like a child scared of spiders. Zayn have been occupied with numerous calls as he tried to explain what should be done and what should be avoided in his absence.

      "Baby what is it" Zayn asked

        " I was....I...I'm just...." I lost every single word I tried to say

      He shrugged, a tiny smile becoming visible on his face. "You will be fine. I assure you that"  he said making it sound too comfortable which made me relax.

     When money becomes involved a lot of things become beautiful. I watched with my eyes wide open and my lips parted in a silent shock. This house came with that majestic proportion and it was incredible tidy. I walked so close to Zayn that he could feel my unsteady heartbeat if he listened. Sitting next to Zayn and looking at the wonders of the sitting room made me to remember how my home used to look like. Having all that girly things and even more without asking.

     "I was starting to think you missed your way in Nigeria" ummah said coming down the stairs accompanied by an elderly man

    "A man's heart is always with him ummah." Zayn replied before looking at the elderly man
"Salam Baba" he greeted in a sad tone

    "Malik how have you been"

     "Surviving" Zayn replied with the same sad tone. That was when I had the opportunity to say a proper greeting to ummah and Baba.

    "My dear you must be hungry let's go and eat" ummah held my hands leading me to another wonders of the house. After a great meal of pounded yam and vegetables. I was getting more comfortable around them as we discussed the problems facing Nigeria. Zayn have been a bit quiet and I was wondering what could have happened.

   "Thank you so much ummah. I really enjoyed the meal"

   "Don't mention Amaryah" I smiled at the thought of being called Amaryah by a lot of people in no time.

   "Baba I came down here to inform you about my intention to marry" he said in a nonchalant way

    "The boy of yesterday is now a man" Baba said laughing "You are now ready to marry"?

   "Yess Baba and that is why I am here"

   "Alhamdullilah.....for the first time in 11 years you have said something I am proud of. I guess when you said marry you meant to her" Baba said pointing at me to which Zayn only nodded "My duaghter" he called turning his gaze to me  "Hajiyah Asmau have told me everything about you and I saw the news yesterday but all that are not important now. I really do hope you find peace and a will to forgive. I welcome you to my home and I pray this love you both share be a pathway to jannah for both of you" he said leaning back on the chair as I knelt down to say a proper thank you.

     We stayed up at Zayn's home for almost two hours before heading back to the hotel and all through those time he was still Moody and sad.

   "Baby I will be in my room" I informed him to which he only nodded and went straight to his room without looking back. 30 minutes later I was still not comfortable with his attitude and I found myself going straight to his room

   "Innalilahi wainah illahi rajiun...." I half screamed as I recognized the bottle of vodka on Zayn's hand. 'No this is not true'.. I told myself as I tried not to believe what I was seeing. Zayn drinks alcohol?!