Chapter 7

Hy guys, how are you enjoying the novel. Please don't forget to like and comment on every page.
Love you guys....muahhhhh Special thanks to Kingmoha for the awesome cover....Check out for#A story to tell#

"Hy mum" Simon greeted as he stepped inside the well decorated bedroom.

"Hy sweetheart, never expected to see you soon" Mr's Ken stood up as she gave Simon a peck

"Decided to check on my lady and know if you gat any plans for Amirah's up coming birthday" Simon told her

"You know Amirah and birthdays, did she agree to it"She asked both in an excited and curious manner

"yah, she can't deny her only brother that!" he replied in a boastful manner

"Oh my God.....i need to call my secretary to send out invitations, get me the best event planner, the besttttt...."

"Mum calm down, just take a deep breath and relax. I have everything in control"

"Are you sure, don't forget her best colour is blue, she loves Strawberry cakes and Plssss no too many people you know......"

Mr's Ken was cut off as Simon completes the story.

"She hates gatherings, when i said I have everything covered i meant everything totally"

"Owk let me go and call Mr's Ahbeee" Mr's Ken said as she stood up to go make the call

When Amirah arrived at home that evening, Emma had a phone pressed against her ear and appeared completely stressed. When she greeted her with a wave, she immediately jilted like a needle was been pricked on her.

"Hold on." she spoke to the person on the other end of the line.

"Amirah something happened"

"What's wrong"i asked seriously scared of the look on her face.

"I meet the door opened when i arrived home and our rooms were turned upside down, i think there was a theif in the house"Emma said

"Are you Owk, hope you are not hurt?"Amirah asked trying to see if she was hurt

"Am fine dear and there was nothing missing just a note that says am watching you. Ohhhhh the police are here already" Emma said as she left to give her statement to the police leaving me glued to the spot.

One of the police officer came in to check if there was anything missing, after searching for about 20 minutes he came out with a note and from all indications it was from an angry person due to the squeezed edges of the note.

"We will get in touch with you if there is an update and don't forget to call the station whenever you notice something unusual" the officer advised as we murmured a thank you before he left.

"I have to say my prayer" I informed Emma as i entered my room. My head was heavy as i thought of many horrible movies that always have a warning note sent and the terrifying things that follows by. I dropped my bag on the bed and headed towards the bathroom to perform ablution, after praying the four raka'a prayer i kept asking God to guide my every step and give me the courage to win over evil. I was still on the praying mat when i drifted off to sleep.

I was woken by the continuous beeping sound of my phone.

"Hello mum" I greeted trying to get myself fully awake as i stretched

"Amirah are you owk,hope you not hurt, do you need me to come over for the night" Mr's Ken asked all the questions without taking a break.

"Mum am fine and you don't need to come over" I assured her

"I think you should come back home for sometime"

"You told me never to run away from my problems so its not necessary mum"

"Promise to call me whenever you need a help"

"Owk i promise" I replied ending the call before she makes me change my mind.

The kitchen door was ajar sending the delicious aroma of stewed chicken to the sitting room. Zayn was busy typing on his computer when he saw Miss Rebecca 'his cook' making her way towards him.

"Zayn, it's time for Dinner" She informed him.

"I will pass not hungry" He stated still focused on the screen of his computer.

"Young man you haven't eaten anything reasonable for some days now. For the sake of God and the effort of an old woman will you get up"

I found myself walking to the dinning table as i started eating. Miss Rebecca has been my chef since from Florida, she lost her child and husband to a motor accident fifteen years back and has decided never to remarry again. She is more like a mother and serious nurse whenever she orders me around.

"Zayn you have only taken two spoons of the food, what's wrong" She asked concerned

"Nothing just stressed out"

"You know you can talk to me right so i insist what wrong?" she asked again

"I really don't know what it is I am feeling but i can't get myself to focus fully on work"

"Do you have any problems at work or is a girl giving u trouble?"

"No problem at work, and for women issues you know that not my thing"I replied

"Zayn you can't live your life been single, i am getting old and might die anytime soon, you need someone to take care of you and that should be a wife not another cook" She stated in a serious tone

"Who is talking about you dying now, you mustn't live me alone even if I decide to get married" Zayn replied with a warning look.

"I won't live my son alone, Now eat your food and stop thinking" She said jokingly as she added another plate of sauced liver

"I can't finish all of these"Zayn complained

"Just try and stop complaining" She replied before returning to the kitchen.

"I need a cup of coffee" I screamed making sure she heard me.

"Not until you finish your food" She screamed back

I was just chewing every bite of the chicken as fast as possible hoping to get my cup of coffee.