Chapter 20

I seem to be encountering a lot of network issues on my wattpad. Please bear with me if you came across any mistake on the previous chapter. Love yeaaaaa

           The evening was calm and welcoming, I sat on the couch across Kasim and his new girlfriend who have been chewing on a gum for over forty minutes. I felt the urge to tell her how heartless she was to the gum that was serving her with much flavor and sweetness but I decided against it and focused my gaze back to the television screen.
       Ruth as she was called earlier by Kasim had a call and excused herself. It got me thinking if she is really a truthful person with the way she walked out of the sitting room in a haste like she was hiding something from us. I glanced back to Kasim and saw him staring at the walking figure of his girlfriend grinning from ear to ear. Something is obviously wrong with this boy I said to myself. I totally know he has lost most of his brains when it comes to the issue of women.

    "Kasim!" I literally screamed bringing back his attention to me

      "What....."

      "You have been staring at an empty space for only God knows how long"

       "The little things love do to us" he shrugged playfully

       "Good thing you finally said love once in your life instead of sexy"

     "Hahaha....you know me so much that am scared of lying to you." He scoffs "Talking about love what's up with you and the boss"

     "I don't get you" I wonder what he is talking about

  "I was at the coffee shop around the office yesterday when I overheard some nurses discussing on the unusual relationship between you and boss" Ohhhh my God if there is anything I hate it is gossip

   "There is nothing between us"

  "Yes for now, but I can see the way he looks at you like you hold his world and happiness. Amirah the boss is in love with you and you should have known that by now.

   " No Kasim, he doesn't love me and I wonder how a little definition of care is termed love. If it will interest you to know he has a girlfriend that is no match for me even though he claims there is nothing between them" I said with a sad face

   Kasim stared at me like he was trying to figure something out. I became more confused when he bolted out with happiness saying I gat it.

   "Amirah be my girlfriend for just two weeks and see the magic it will make. I mean not really my girlfriend but a fake girlfriend" he added scratching his full black hair

   "No not going to happen"

  "Come on its just for two weeks Amirah. He only needs a little push and competition to make him speak up"

  That is a bad idea and my subconscious mind was not even helping me out. It choose to be quiet now of all time.

    "I don't think that is a....
     I was interrupted by that annoying girlfriend of his walking in like she own the house.

    "Darling Philip just called" she leaned on him and pecked his cheek. What an annoying public display of affection. I rolled my eyes at Kasim who was smiling like an idiot.

    "Don't forget it starts tomorrow'' Kasim told me before leaving the apartment with his clingy girlfriend in hand.

       Zayn's P O V

   I stared at the television screen totally unaware of what that skinny girl on a short gown is saying. I have been like this since my last encounter with Amirah and I fear what will happen next. I see her almost every seconds, actually not in reality but in my own imagination. My sense of thinking is gradually fading away. I love her to the point it terrifies me and I think that is the wall that made me unable to express my feeling.

   "Why is my meal cold" My attention was shifted to Zahra screaming at Miss Rebecca

    "Am sorry, I was about to microwave it when you came in"

"I don't eat microwaved foods. I like my meals hot and direct from the pot. Now save yourself the insults and make another one" She demonstrated waving her hands to the pot

  "Miss Rebecca" I screamed from the sitting room, my voice strange to my ears. She came running like it was a rescue mission.

    "You can go to your room now" I tried as much as possible to sound fine

  "But the young miss said"

  "Just go" I nodded assuring her their is no problem. Zahra came into the sitting room with a frown on her face. Imagine the tight trousers and transparent tank top she wore like a whore in a competition.

   "What was the meaning of that Zayn. I am the woman of this house and I have every right to order her"

    Woman of the house indeed, I wonder who the man of the house is because its definitely not me.

  "Not a woman of my house"

  "What do I have to do for you to see how much I love you" Her frown fading away as it was replaced with a pitiful face. She continued "I have lived all my life dreaming of you and when we will be together. I don't know what to do but I can't live without you"

   I have heard enough and couldn't listen to the nonsense she was saying as I stood up and walked out on her heading to Ummah's room only to be stopped by her again.

   "Is it because of her" I turned out of shock and that was when I realized there was tears in her eyes. I composed myself and answered

   "Yes, and it is also because you are not my type" I turned back and headed up the stairs as I heard her screaming my name and crying at the same time. 'What a drama queen'!

      The last thing I want right now is attention and that is exactly what this annoying drama queen is doing. Umma came running down the stairs asking many questions at once.

   "What is the chaos all about" She scanned our faces looking for an answer

     "Nothing Ummah" I answered immediately depriving Amirah of a statement

       "Zahrah what is wrong" she turned towards Zahra and I sent her a warning glare which made her nodded indicating nothing.

    "Zayn my dear come with me" She turned going back to her room and I followed her closing the door behind me.

    She sat on the beautiful bed laid with a maroon bedsheets and a beautiful black throw pillow. I scanned the room once more unsure of when last I entered it. Even though it's my house I find it hard to frequently walk around. Living in an apartment with six bedroom and three sitting rooms makes it extremely difficult. She beckoned on me to sit next to her on the bed and I obeyed just like the good son I am.

   "Am sorry"she said placing her hands on my shoulder with tears gathering in her eyes " Am so so sorry my little boy". What exactly is she talking about.

   "Ummah what is it" I asked with total worry in my voice.

    "I am so sorry I was not close to you all this while my son. I know I have not performed my duty as a mother to you but I promise to be with you from this day forward"..........