Chapter 27

To: Amirah Ahmad
   <M.global@Al-Zayn'shospital.com>

   From:Zayn Abdullah
   <MAbdullah@Zayn.com>

  Sept 6th, 2018 14:34

  Miss Ahmad

    8th of September marks the annaul board members meeting all round the world. Mainly a three days trip and it's scheduled to be hosted in Georgia.

   Every member is informed to get the required documents from the receptionist. Thank you

   Zayn Abdullah Malik

     A three days trip to Georgia, that is absolutely great and tiring. Why can't new York host the annaul board meetings. I have to start preparing for a trip I never had in mind and to even think the notice came a day before the trip. I was filled with the thought of how to  start preparing for the trip as I rushed home and fortunately meet Emma watching a movie.

   "Girl what are you doing" I asked with a questioning face

   "Uhmmm watching a movie"

  "I know, I meant what are you doing when you are supposed to start getting ready for the trip"

   "What trip" she asked turning to me in a swift

   "The annual board members meeting. Sweetheart when last did you even check your mail" this girl is really something else.

  "Last month I guess" she said rushing to her laptop and minutes later she is confused as usual

   "Emma would you stop nagging and please park my shoes along with yours"

   "Am trying to concentrate here" she said sighing

   "I can see how hard you trying" I replied in a sarcastic tone. "Why do we even have to go to Georgia for the meeting"

   "I don't know, ask Zayn"

    "Why should I" I asked

    "Because you are interested in knowing and secondly you guys get along pretty well this days" she said with a wink

   "Whatever" I said excusing myself from the room

    Towers hotel Georgia

  I have been restless since we arrived at the hotel, I went through the files over and over again. This is totally unbelievable! Why would my team pick me as the speaker? I am in trouble and only God knows how tough its gonna be tomorrow. Battling with stage fright for a long time has made me stay away from the public. I always felt everyone knew of my past, they see me as that cursed child just like everyone who knew me 15 years ago. I picked my cell and called the only person I could ask for help. After a few rings Emma picked up.

   "Hi girl"

   "Emma I just realized am the team speaker tomorrow" I half screamed

  "Calm down girl you will be fine" she said in a sleepy voice

     "Can you even hear me. I have a stage fright" I screamed this time around

   "Owk, owk just reharse or do what you need to do but make sure you don't mess up tomorrow. I need my beauty sleep" with that she ended the call.  I stayed up all night thinking of what to say and how to say it but nothing was coming out of it and with those thoughts I feel asleep.

    The morning came so fast making me panic. I made sure I revised my morning azkars over and over with the hope of finding peace and courage when I stand at the podium to speak. I had my bath in a rush and applied a little make on my face before putting on my gown. It was a slighted maroon gown Simon got for me the last time he traveled to Cairo. I feel comfortable whenever am on it. As I tried to fix the buckle of my shoe the news I heard next on the television got me devastated. 'The presidential candidate of the ruling party for the next election in Nigeria is Alhaji Harun Maibasira'. The name kept ringing in my ears. That monster of a man, the architect of my problems and worries wants to rule a whole country of innocent people....

   "What are you still waiting for...let's go" Emma called out making me to jerk back to time as I walked behind her to the hall where the meeting will take place. They were more than 50 head doctor, a large number of audience, reporters and lots of security officer which was weird and unusual.

    I was getting more and more worked up thinking of where to start the speech when I get to the podium and just like thunder I heard my name mentioned followed by a round of applause from all angles. As I walked to the podium shaking and almost missing my steps I felt a hand on my shoulder and all my worries disappeared in a second.

   "You will be fine and I trust you will do well" Zayn assured me as he lead me to the podium with lots of questioning looks from the crowd. He looked so handsome as usual and it seemed he worked out for the few days I haven't seen him.

    "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen....." I cleared my throat trying to get a control over my voice. " Let me start by introducing myself, I am Dr Amirah Ahmad and I will be sharing the progress of the gyneacology department with you. From the beginning of this year to this very day we have been able to solve 194 birth defects, 86 ovarian cancer, 67 rape cases, 92 fistula cases, 32 breast cancer cases, a rare case of an unenclosed stomach and with the will of God they were all successful". We have move around countries trying to educate them about the effect of few causative agents of women related disease. Some were successful,  others are in progress while few are not ready to learn. We can't cure ignorance at least" I stopped to catch my breath as the crowd applauded. 'You are doing fine girl' I told myself as I went on and on to tell them of our progress.  "you can ask your questions now"   I said to the reporters.

   "Excuse me ma, what is the progress on fistula in African countries" a blonde reporter asked first

   "Most African countries are underdeveloped and they are only trying to get civilized now. The ethics of Africans come with a belief of early marriage and we are trying to change that. We want to let them know the effect behind such choices but it's never easy to change a man's world view"

  "Excuse doctor, chemotherapy is the only treatment approved for the cure of cancer cells but with a high price to pay and most women with cancer are from a lower class. How do you tackle such issues when it's comes to life and death with no pay" asked the guy who always find a way to get to the front

  "There is something called insurance which i believe most people are aware of, for those without an insurance we make the treatment and whenever an NGO comes around they pay for it. Chemotherapy requires a lot of facilities and they are expensive which for now can't be used for free"

   "You have been fighting against rape and related abuse cases, where you once a victim of such circumstances" the question came like a shock and I continued starring at the reporter trying to process the question

  "Yes!" I found myself saying "I am victim of rape"