Chapter 9

Dedicating this chapter to Khadijah Muhammad for her wonderful care and follow up....may Allah bless your hustle.........Feenat loves you💋💋💋💋💋

I kept struggling to get an upper hand but luck seems to be far from me. I was giving up, losing again, telling myself the road has come to an end when the doors suddenly opened and the hospital cleaner came running towards us with a full force trying to punch the stranger who was about to jump the window immediately he noticed someone opened the door.

The cleaner dragged him as he started punching him continuously I couldn't bare to look at the site of a man in blood as i buried my head in the pillow trying to regain some strength when i heard the sound of a glass crashing. I was so scared to look up as i thought to myself 'Maybe he has succeeded in killing the cleaner and was coming to complete what he started'. I kept praying as i awaited to hear a gunshot and the end of my life or the slash of a knife on my neck.

"Excuse me miss, you can raise your head now he escaped" Said the cleaner in a cool tone

I wasn't sure who to trust but i just have to see things for myself so i gently raised my head with my eyes looking puffy due to my constant crying.

"Thank you for helping me" I said amidst tears

"Are you alright ma? Should i call the doctor...?"

"No, No No dnt worry am fn and i really appreciate your help...."I replied sitting up

"Owk then let me call the police they need to get that monster looking man before he comes to hurt you again" he said as he brought out his cell from his pocket.

"No please don't!....don't call the police. I will handle everything and make sure it's between the both of us. I beg of you don't call the police" I immediately started pleading thinking of what my mum would go through if she learnt of what happened.

"No ma you need to report to the police for your safety....your life could be in danger you know"

"I know but i don't want my mum to worry about me....I will speak to my friend who is a secret sevice agent to investigate everything so don't worry i will be fine" I explained in a hurried tone trying to show him how serious i am.

He kept staring at me like he was doubtful of the authenticity of my words before he finally shrugged and said "Owk fine just make sure you do that"

I immediately muttered a thank you before he left the room.

I was still in shock of what transpired some minutes ago,asking myself multiple questions when i suddenly heard the door opened and i screamed out of shock before i could even realise who it was. Zayn ran to me asking rhetorical questions

"Amirah calm down it's me, what happened again, was it one of those dreams or are you still in shock"

I nodded my head with an uninvited tears forcing it way down my eyes.

"Owk just lay your back on the pillow gently and take a deep breath. Relax your mind and find something that will make you happy" he said as he gently injected diezipalm(A sleeping injection) in the drip I was set on. I slowly slept off as my childhood memories with my parents filled my head and i could feel that long time happiness engulfing my pains.

Zayn was still starring at her with pity in his eyes. He could feel her pain and sufferings but he has no idea of how to help her. I don't know why i always feel the urge to help and protect her. What exactly is it that i can't explain? I can't be in love again!

Later that evening Mr's arrived with a food warmer containing white chicken chilli made from onion, oregano,cayenne and chopped green chilies to awaken that appetite she had lost and a desert of tomato_bazil pizza.