Chapter 4

Specially dedicating this chapter to my sister from another mother #Missfaizah the author of #My greatest weakness. Your kindness and support will forever remain in my heart.

We have been watching 'Bad mom's for 30 minutes now and i could feel my loss of interest in it already. Emma and Qasim were arguing over which of the mom's in the movie was bad while Sophia (Emma's sister) was busy with the ice cream in her hand and full concentration on the movie like we don't even exist to her.

"Qasim jst stop arguing, you know am right" Emma said

"How can I agree to it, what type of mum throws a party in her house like it's a club"

"It wasn't an actual party, they were only women there who are friends in need of support"Emma replied frowning

Qasim smiled with a wink before asking "What type of party are men not invited, obviously not in New York City and girl they will always need a man"

I would have told Qasim I was sleeping or even not around. Imagine how he is arguing like a man playing the game of chess and boasting about his skills.
I decided to make myself a cup of coffee as i strolled into the kitchen. After making the coffee I sat on the kitchen stool trying to focus on the coffee but my mind drifted away.

That unfortunate event,that unforgettable memories and the beginning of all my nightmare. I was sitting on the couch watching one of my favorite movie 'Avengers'. My parents have been out of the country on a business trip and i was alone with the househelp, so i was curious when I heard the sound of car outside 'who could it be' I asked myself as i ran out of the house. Anty Hafsat face got me more worried as she came down from her car and hugged me.

"Amirah Allah has reason for everything"

"Anty, what is wrong" I asked looking confused

"Amirah your parents had a plane crash on their way to Botswana"

"Innallilahi wainailaihi rajiun"
My God I could feel my head spinning, my gaze becoming hazy as i lost my balance.

I woke up to find myself in a room, as i tried focusing my gaze on something or maybe someone I heard tiny whimpers like the person was crying. Maybe it my mother, she might have found out I was not fine and returned from Botswana.

"Mummy" I gently called with the only strength I could find

"Amirah,are you Owk, should I call the doctor" Anty Hafsat asked as she rushed towards me, it was nt my mum so its true. I immediately sat up as if I jst realized it.

"Innallilahi wainailaihi rajiun" I kept repeating

"Why me, Daddy you promised to be with me always, can't you see I am lost without ur love and guidance. Mummy you couldn't even wait to see me become that woman u always wished to see me become".

"Amirah please don't hurt yourself, it's the decree of Allah jst accept it as Kaddarah(destiny)"Anty Hafsat said crying

"I tried stopping them"

"Amirah is nt your fault dnt forget Kulinafsi zaikatulmaut(Every soul shall taste death) even you Amirah"

"Anty Daddy and mummy are both gone" I cried the more

I couldn't think straight, was it a dream or this is it for me,i cried and cried but they were gone and couldn't return no matter the amount of tears I shed. My mother was my best friend and my father could play the role of a mother and father perfectly well. They were both my pillar and inspiration but i am left to wallow in these pain alone.
Later that day I was discharged from the hospital and i went home with Anty Hafsat. Anty Hafsat has been married for 5 years now without a child of her own,she works with a firm at the outskirt of town that delivers building materials. Anty Hafsat was nice to me at first making me feel at home and loved but things began to change when she noticed her husband has been making advances towards me.
I was cleaning the TV set when Uncle Harun came back from work I immediately ran to collect his briefcase.

"Welcome sir"I greeted prostrating

"Yauwa Amirah how you today?"He enquired looking at me with those lustful eyes.

"Alhamdullilah". I replied frowning because I was becoming uncomfortable with the way he was looking at me.

"So Amirah how old are you now"

"I will be 17 in the next six months sir"

"Wow, you are a big girl already. So tell me do you have a boyfriend?"

"No oooo!!! Uncle i am too small for that" I replied with an innocent face

"So you mean you are still a virgin, mmmmm are you one" he asked with a smirk on his face

"Uncle me I dnt knw Oooohh" I replied in a shy tone

"Owk, what of your Anty"

"She went to the market sir" I replied as I immediately left the place

Maybe i should speak out or just run away I kept telling myself, he might stop or better still he will confess his sins of trying to seduce me but I was wrong because it didn't stop but became worst. If i had known i wouldn't be in these state. I remember that night with pain, agony, anger and hatred. I was an underage with no idea of how cruel the world could be but that night when Uncle Harun barged into my room I knew something was nt right.

"Uncle what is it"I asked alarmed
I could see those eyes looking like that of a beaten dog and he was obviously not himself again as he gently whispered to me.

"Just keep quiet for if you scream i will kill you"He warned as he revealed the knife hidden at the back of his trousers. I couldn't scream but I kept pleading, begging for my dignity and pride but the monster didn't listen and i was stolen of my peace and innocence. The only question i kept asking was 'Why me'?.

"Amirah your coffee is getting cold" Said Qasim as he pointed to the cup of coffee in my hand and i immediately jilted back from the past.

"Thanks man"i replied trying to hide my teary eyes from him

"Are you Owk,you seem sick or tired I will say"

"Am Fn jst a slight headache"I lied

"Take a day off and rest you can't save everyone and besides you need saving too"He said looking so concerned

We were interrupted by Sophia screaming from the living room.
"Qasim you have a call"

"Who is it?"

"Babe 6, don't know what that means" she added

"Ooohhh jst forget the call"

"Haba Qasim u have even numbered them, dnt forget they are someone duaghters and sisters" I advised as i went to get my coat.