An hour and a half later, dressed in a mid-thigh, three quarter sleeved silver sequined dress, which I thought was quite fitting for an Ice Queen, I'm herding up excited pack members into transportation heading for the venue. "How on earth did you manage to plan this? Your schedule this week has been manic," muses Rick approaching.

"Magic." I wink smirking.

"You look amazing. I take it you've got over the idea that we'll see you differently dressed like this?"

I shrug, "This 'Ice Queen' feels nothing." I laugh at his deadpan expression.

Rolling his eyes, "I've never read anything so ridiculous."

"They write what they write. Anyway, how's Chanel? I haven't really had a chance to see or talk to her, how's she getting on preparing for her new role?" Rick's face melts into a proud smile.

"She's really excited. The training on what to do and what not to do while with the royals was intense for her, but she's really looking forward to accompanying you and she was honored you chose her." I relax knowing I hadn't thrown Chanel too much into the deep end. "I'm sure she's thanked you herself, but I'd like to thank you too."

"And here I was thinking you'd be grumpy with me for taking Chanel away from you." I mime dramatically.

"That too" he winks, "But no. She's worrying too much recently, anxious and emotional. She thought she was losing you as a friend - this has brought her spirits right up. I think it'll be a good experience... for the both of you" he adds pointedly. "Anyway, I hope to see you at the party. Prowess." He bows before disappearing into a carriage.

Sometime later after crackers had been snapped and all the food had been served, I was stuffed. Like everyone else, I'd indulged in copious amounts turkey, stuffing and a small mountain of roasted vegetable united by the gravy. Christmas music played in the background and between mouthfuls, people were swaying and singing along. My stomach felt tight and my dress felt even tighter. I gaze around and let the happy, joyous atmosphere seep into my skin while Christmas music washes over me. For the first time in a long time, I feel a bit of peace. After dessert has been served and since taken away, Alpha Almound, Alpha Riggs and I rise from our table and take to the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen," begins Jeremey, "thank you so much for coming. We all hope you have been sated by the delicious food of our incredible caterers - I'd like to say us all us thank you to them so please, let's put our hands together and show them our appreciation." A raucous applause follows as the caterers and waiters emerge from the kitchen tent joined to the back of the marquee.

Receiving the microphone, Chad addresses the crowd, "Shortly, the other two marquees will be opened for the dancefloors to fill up and the party to be well and truly started. But before we begin Prowess Wolfe, Alpha Almound and I would like to say a few words."

Receiving the microphone, I look out at the sea of faces, "We would like to say thank you, to all of you. This is a celebration of your strength and our unity, and we are here to celebrate a time for family, friends, and loved ones. So, please, enjoy the rest of tonight and its festivities. Thank you." The music starts again as I finish speaking but its almost drowned out by the cheering applause as the three of us leave the stage. Turning to Chad and Jeremy, "Thank you, both of you for your continued alliance, support and commitment during these times." I bow.

"Thank you, Ana. This amazing celebration was your idea, and its something we've all needed. Don't forget to join the celebrations yourself." Smiles Jeremy dropping a kiss on my cheek before bowing and departing.

"You don't give yourself enough credit Ana. I know we all took equal responsibility for planning this event, but you were the main driving force, and the result is incredible. For that, I thank you." Begins Chad earnestly before his expression morphs into playfulness with a glint in his eye that I recognized. "Now, may I claim the first dance, or will your Prince come and see to it that I end up on my back?" I

Ignoring the last comment, I eye him suspiciously; Chad only ever got a glint in his eye when he was up to something. "What are you up to? You've got that look in your eyes-" I was hoping to drift away into the background when nobody noticed but I got the impression Chad had other ideas

"Nothing. But I'm not letting you get out of this one, Ana. No humbugs allowed here. My job, as of now, is to ensure that you, along with everyone else here, enjoy the festivities" he says offering me his hand again. I frown, I suppose I could slip away later when he gets distracted by something else.

"Fine. Just ONE dance, but that's it, then I've got stuff to be doing." As he takes my hand and we make our way out to one of the marque dancefloors, I could've sword he muttered 'We'll see' under his breath. Oh yes, Chad. We will see. Let the Christmas celebrations begin!

________________________________________________________________________________

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope everybody has, and is having a wonderful time over the Christmas period! This is not a the chapter I originally had drafted so its taken me a bit longer to write it in, otherwise I'd have had something for you sooner. I really wanted to post this before the New Year, so the next chapter will follow on from this. I hope this captures the Christmas spirit!

Let me know what you all think, COMMENTS & VOTES please!

Any opinions on the different covers I'm trying out? I'm experimenting a bit with them at the moment and would love to hear your guys thoughts?

See you all in 2019! ;) Much love everyone! <3