『27』

unedited.

●֍●

E D D

He groaned and tried to sit up but failed horribly. Matt chuckled a little before leaving the room.

He managed to sit up, rubbing his eyes but he kept them closed. "What happened?"

His voice was hoarse. It was probably because he cried so much. Matt and I took him carefully but quickly. He was now sat on my bed with the window blinds down.

"You're safe now."

He opened his eyes and looked around. He looked back at me. "Where is he?" He asked.

I knew exactly who he was asking for and I hesitated to tell him.

I smiled softly and watched the door open quietly.

"Well," I started, the smile disappearing completely.

"He's gone."

There was a long moment of silence and Matt stood at the doorway with cookies.

"What do you mean he's gone?"

"Tord," I whispered, not daring to meet his eyes. "Tom fell. After he fell, you tried jumping after him but Lindsay caught you. You started screaming at Lindsay and you ended up making her upset."

Tord stayed silent.

"Can I be left alone?" He asked in a quiet tone.

I nodded and followed Matt outside the room.

L A U R E L

No matter what I did, she never stopped. Lindsay cried, and cried, and cried.

At this point, I was starting to question how many tears she had. But my question was answered as soon as I remembered her childhood. Her childhood was overall terrible but she kept her tears in. She's been holding her tears for 15 years and she's finally letting it out.

I returned to her after pacing around the room and began rubbing her arms. "Let's get some fresh air, yeah?" I helped her up and began walking to my balcony.

"No, please no." She muttered, shielding her eyes from outside.

"Please, Lin, just breathe. I've got you."

She did as she was told and took a long intake of breath. I rubbed her arms again and ran my fingers through her hair. "How do you feel?"

"Not good, but a little better than before."

I hugged her tight and waited until her tears ran dry. By the time she was finished, she was exhausted so I brought her inside and rested her gently on my head. I went to go change my clothes and came back to see her withering around the bed, searching for something.

Or someone.

I stepped closer to her and intertwined our fingers. She calmed down and began to drift off into slumber. I adjusted the sheets and climbed in bed next to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and gently pulled her close.