『9』

●֍●

As the time went by, I had pulled my hand away from my mouth that were muffling my screams of pain.

Wiping away tears that had poked at the corner of my eyes and resting against my mattress as I let the pain slowly return.

My breathing hitched and there I was, curled up into a small ball, letting all my emotions just sink and stain the bedding.

Pathetic, is it not?

That I harm every inch of my body just to be accepted as something I'm not.

I pulled my hood over my head and stared blankly into my midnight walls.

I could feel my entire body, just sinking into the mattress, like sinking into quicksand, too devastated to try and escape.

I'd rather die than try.

What's the point in trying if you already know you're not good enough?

Not good enough for him.

* * *
{EDD}

Tord was on the phone with his friends, and surprisingly, they accepted. I was so excited to go, but I feel like I'm forgetting something. Whatever, I thought as I brushed the thought off my shoulder.

"So, when is it?" Tord muted the call and turned to me. "Oh, it's at 10! We have only an hour, so we better get ready."

"Alright then." Tord lamented and blankly at me. "What?" I asked, trying to think of what Tord's trying to tell me.

"I don't have anything fancy to go in."

"Oh!" I remembered, whatever happened to the clothes you wore yesterday — And why are you wearing Tom's hoodie?"

"It's the only thing comfortable to sleep in. The weather these days are cold as hell."

I nodded slightly in agreement. "Well, I suppose I could lend you some of my clothes."

"Are you sure they aren't small for me?" Tore chuckled, following me to my room. "If it doesn't fit, you have to go with Tom's clothes or Matt's. Or we can go shopping—"

"We'll just go shopping, what's the point? I rather wear expensive clothes than wearing clothes too big, small, or my rival's clothes." Tord joked. I giggled to his statement and dragged him towards my car.

"Wait, Edd— I wasn't serious." Tord snickered. "Oh. Well then." I rubbed the back of my neck, chuckling and avoiding eye contact. "Let me try something."

Matt had this one shirt that was too big for me, but too small for him. It was about Tom's size, but Tom didn't exactly wear it, since it belonged to Matt. Maybe I can manage it into Tord's size.

I picked up the shirt and handed it to Tord. "I also got a pair of shorts if you want." I handed the shorts to Tord as he finished adjusting the shirt. It limped over his knees. I reached down and lifted the shirt just above his hip.

"Try this."

I pulled the shirt into a small bow and broke into a small smile. Tord smiled back and pulled on the shorts.

I looked away because staring would be awkward.

haha.

that's not funny.

"Alright, you ready?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, just lemme get my sneakers."

Tord stepped out my apartment and walked into Tom's apartment. I followed behind. Tord searched frantically for his sneakers but it was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe in Tom's room?"

Tord nodded and walked into his room. He turned the knob slowly, in case he was going to interrupt him.

The light was off as always, but something was laying on Tom's bed. It shook every 5 seconds. Tord, forgetting about his sneakers, stepped up to it.

"Tom?" He asked, shaking Tom by the arm. Seemed like he was asleep.

I stumbled across to them and looked over Tom's shoulder.

His eyes.

I rolled him over, meet face to face with closed eyes, along with dried streams of water and red tainted on his nose and cheeks.

He'd been crying.

Without hesitation, I shook him more fiercely, watching his eyes spring opened.

"Tom, are you okay?"

Tom's eyes widened as he stared at the both of us. At first, he tried says my something, but he only coughed and hid his face knees. Even Tord was confused, as he called for Tom as well.

"Just... go awayy."

Tom's voice was raspy and low. I couldn't believe I let this happened.

What did I do wrong?

"Tom, what's wrong?" Tord asked, rubbing his back, which Tom responded in a growl. "Tom, you're not a dog."

I decided to search for Tord's sneakers while Tord tired to get Tom to speak. I found pink Vans in the corner of the room.

Behind me, I could hear faint voices. A creak of the bed escaped and startled me. It was so quiet, how could I not be scared?

"Shhh... Tom, calm down. I'm not going to hurt you like always."

More shuffling of the blanket. I picked up the Vans and walked towards Tord and Tom.

Tord grew impatient and yanked Tom by the arm. Tom flinched and attempted to pull away. "Let. go."

Tord pulled Tom off the bed forcing him to stand. "Alright Edd, you're the peace-maker." Tord crouched down and applied his sneakers.

"Tom, just talk to me."

Tom pulled on his hood and flopped back into his bed. "Go to that stupid party thing and leave me here to sleep."

"...you're tried?"

Tom nodded and wrapped himself in his blanket.

"We wasted all that time for nothing."
●֍●