『10』

●֍●

{Third Person}

"It's really loud—"

"I know—"

"We should leave—"

"Nah—"

Edd tightened his grip on Matt, not wanting to get lost in the sea of people. Matt obviously saw this and squeezed his hand back, showing he won't let go. Matt could feel Edd calm down.

With booming music, Tord had caught a hold of Edd's shoulder and launched himself towards Edd. "Faen, they're a lot of people here." Tord managed to say aloud for Edd and Matt to hear.

"Let's just go to the balcony. There's lots of room." Matt stated, dragging Edd and Tord along the pearl white walls. They followed up some birch stairs into the balcony that was lit with lights, almost like Christmas decorations.

Oh, wait.

They are.

Matt let go of Edd's hand to peer over the edge. The balcony wasn't that high off the ground, but it was enough to twist your ankle. Tord sat down on a parchment white chair and sighed. "Your friend sure is rich." Tord looked disgruntled.

"Yep. It's strange how we are still friends. I remember her since High School!"

Tord and Edd became silent. "Her?!" They both said in unison, shocked. "Yeah, she's a girl! So what, I didn't have only guy friends!" Edd threw Tord an uptight look. "Okay, so where is she?" Edd asked, trying to keep a smile.

"I don't know. I'll look for her if you want!"

Edd nodded, although, he didn't want Matt to leave. As the doors closed completely, Edd looked over in the distance. "You okay, Edd?" Tord asked, still sitting comfortably. "Tord, in high school, Matt barely talked to me. We got together in college— but could've Matt had a crush on her? Whoever she is?"

"Edd, remember? Matt isn't homosexual. He never was from the start. Please don't say you don't remember."

Matt's POV

Oh boy! The school dance is coming up and I can't wait! I really want to ask Lindsay Davis. She's like, the most favorite person in the school. Even though she's besties with a kid name... uh. Todd? I don't know.

Anyways, there are rumors going around in the school that she likes me. I can't wait to ask her. I've already written her a letter to sit with me at lunch. As I'm sitting here with Edd and Tom, she walks over and gives me this adorable smile.

"Hey, Matt." She sets down her tray and brushes her hair out of her face. Wait! I didn't describe her yet!

So, Lindsay has long black hair that she hates putting in a ponytail because it likes it out and she has tan skin. Her eyes are a sparkle of hazel and her cheeks are usually pink. Today, she's wearing a crop-top. Her skirt sat gently on her lap while her high 'xoxo' socks stood out, wearing some sneakers.

Her personality is the best! She's so kind and sweet, but she isn't sensitive. She's protective and caring. And that's why I love her! She gets awesome grades and never cries when she forgets something important. She doesn't say 'I forgot', but she states it in a different way, like, "I didn't forget my homework. There was just a lot on my mind and I wasn't paying attention and that was foolish of me. I apologize."

So, she's the best.

"Lindsay, I have to ask you something. Are the rumors true? Do you like me?" I asked first. Her cheeks lit up and she broke into a giggle. "Of course, silly!" I smiled back, "Well then, I have a question. Will you be my prom date?"

The entire cafeteria went silent. All eyes were on us. Her entire face was red. She took a deep breath and parted her lips, about to saying something.

{Third Person}

Matt walked back in with a familiar black haired woman. "Hello!" She squealed. "If you don't remember me, I'm Lindsay Davis."

There she was.

Edd frowned slightly. "Yeah, hey.". Tord just grunted, avoiding eye contact. "Let's catch up, shall we?" Lindsay suggested. Tord grunted again, not wanting to take part. "Okay. C'mon Tord, It'll be fun."

Everyone gathered around Tord because obviously, he wasn't going to stand up. "Alright! Hey, where's that eyeless guy?" Lindsay asked, looking around.

"Oh, he fell off the balcony." Tord snorted. "No, he didn't. Not to mention, he didn't even come. He was tired. I mean, it was getting dark."

"Oh, that's fine!"

And they went on, chatting about things they've been through and Tom's terrible behavior.

(let's check on Tom, shall we?)
T O M

I vigorously yanked the sheets away from my head. I had been trying to suffocate myself but for some reason, I couldn't.

I stuffed my head back into the bundle of blankets and groaned.

My phone buzzed, indicating that someone texted me.

"Just shoot me already."

I mumbled as I read who sent me a text. It was Tord. I slightly chuckled at the sight of it. I forgot that I had nicknamed Tord 'cummie'.

(Tord/Tom)

hey. did you pretend to sleep because you didn't want to come?

hello??

stop.

oh, so you're awake... not surprising

stop texting me.

why? im bored as hell

because im trying to sleeep.

nahhhh

I groaned loudly. Why won't he leave me alone?? God, he's complicated.

I turned off text notifications and threw it on my desk. I think I might have cracked my screen protector.

I stuffed my head into my pillow and wrapped my body in the bundle of blankets.

I just want to sleep and never wake up.

●֍●