『6』

●֍● 

As Matt was about to turn around, I immediately shoved Tord and myself to the nearest aisle.

As Edd and Matt walked away, I could hear Tord's breath. Just inhaling and exhaling.

"C-can you let go?" Tord asked. I pulled away slightly, getting a far away few of this event.

My hands were pinning Tord's down onto the cardboard boxes. I completely pushed away, seeing that faint blush on his cheeks.

"Sorry..." I muttered. We both walked together, awkward silence filling us both.

As we headed towards Edd and Matt, they were just casually sitting on a bench.

They were leaning against each other, Matt stroking Edd's hair. As we walked closer, Edd spoke. "Maybe we shouldn't. Who knows what could happen? What if Tord or Tom has a crush on either one of us?

We have to hide this until we're ready..." Edd muttered. "Not for long." Tord interrupted.

Edd and Matt whipped around, looking at Tord and I.

Edd let out a small whimper before flopping back down against Matt, this time on his lap.

Tord walked over and sat next to Edd. "Edd, we— I saw you two at that store." Edd nodded, as if rubbing his head against Matt's legs.

I laid back as Matt continued to play with Edd's hair. "But don't worry, only I saw you. Tom didn't, right Tom?" Tord shot me a glare.

"Yeah, whatever." I mumbled. Edd sat up and looked at Tord. "This won't ruin our reputation, will it?"

"Eh, ten percent, I'd say." Matt's eyes brightened and he leaned down at Edd, planting a kiss on his cheek. "You see? I told you everything was going be to alright!"

"Heh, I guess you did." Edd gave Matt a cheeky smile.

As we're walking towards the car, Edd and Matt were talking non-stop. About love, about new plans, about anything, really.

As we climbed in the car, I inhaled a sweet scent. It smelled poised, calmed me down a bit. I looked around the car, seeing no one else eating or drinking something, putting on perfume.

I seriously wanted this. This nice scent. Who's it coming from? I need to know. Wouldn't you? Probably not.

I sat up straight, inching closer to Tord slightly as he was distracted. I came closer to Tord, being able to smell it more.

The scent was coming from—

Tord spun around, staring at me. He had a flower in his hand. It was white, and a pastel yellow.

"What?" He asked, giving me a glare. "Nothing, I just smell something nice—"

"Oh. Smells good, doesn't it?" A felt that flower brush up against my nose. It was the exact scent. Why does Tord have this?

"It's a Gardenia." He sighed. "Where'd you get it?" I asked, giving him quite the question. Tord smiled weakly.

"It was— I had it— It was for— n-never mind..." Tord turned around, staring out the window again. He lost his grip on the Gardenia and just dropped it. He didn't bother to pick it back up. It just sat next to his legs, just sitting there.

I peeked over his shoulder, trying to see what happened. I saw a translucent trail fall down his cheek. Tord was... crying.

I wasn't sure if I should comfort him. I slowly rubbed his back, making circular motions. "Sorry..." I muttered.

He wiped his eye with his sleeve and picked up the Gardenia. He didn't respond after that.

"Gee, a nice 'thank you' would be appreciated." I snarled.

Tord threw the Gardenia at my face and mocked, "Thank you!"

{ Time • Skip }

I rushed into my apartment, slamming the door shut. God, what is wrong with me?

I rolled up my sleeves, staring at the scars that haunted me.

Still.

Wasn't hatred the key to everything? No, that was alcohol. If you truly loved something, you had to hurt them.

You hurt the ones you love the most...

I grabbed my pocket knife and cut jagged lines that soon formed into a heart.

The blood, dripping down and staining my checkered Vans. What was the real definition of love?

That I don't know. I don't know anything helpful. My mind is just full or hurtful and harmful advice. Tord should take a fraction of my harmful advice, he needs to be eliminated from this world and so does Matt with his stupid ass—

"Go away." I stated after hearing footsteps outside my door suddenly stop.

"Tom, can you please apologize to Tord? You made him cry in the car."

"Sorry." I said through the door.

"Not to me, Tord!"

I let out a huge sigh. "I would but he's not here."

Edd went silent. "He's not with you?" He sounded worried. I stood up and peeked my head through the door. "No, he's not."

Edd took out his phone and called someone, but they didn't pick up. Edd called again. "Edd, what's wrong?" I asked in a low voice, clearly pissed.

"Tord said he'll go somewhere and come straight back in a minute. It's been two!"

"Edd, give the boy a minute—"

Edd's phone vibrated and made a sound similar to a bell. Edd looked at the screen of his phone. "It's Tord. He said... 'Take me far away. Away from them. I want to be alone. Tom asked and I can't handle it.'"

Edd looked at me, then back at his phone, receiving another text from that commie.

'oops. wrong person. ignore everything, will ya?'

Edd stared at me in disbelief. "What?" I asked, seriously confused. "What did you ask him?"

"All I did was ask about a stupid flower."

"Then why is he— Tom, come help me look for Tord."

Edd snatches my arm and dragged me outside to the exit of the entire building.

"No! I'm not looking for that commie jerk!"

Edd completely ignored me and just kept pulling me. "Where does Tord usually go?"

"I don't know. A club, that anime thing, the bar. Stupid places."

"Like, the cliff?" Edd asked.

"Edd, we are miles away from the car, we are not going to that memory lane— EDD, NOO—"

Edd yanked me as hard as possible, dragging me farther away from home.

  ●֍●