『23』

finally, a real chapter
also, lindsay's backstory is based off an actual friend of mine (named lindsay) plus, you won't hate lindsay as much as you did before.
;)

also, the picture above is what i pictured lindsay to look like
●֍●

L I N D S A Y

When Tord said Tom should've just jumped, I lost it.

I couldn't handle it anymore. The anger just took over me.

"Why would you say that?! Look at the condition he's already in, what the actual fuck!?" I yelled. I didn't even know I could scream that loud. I've never screamed like that ever since I was with my dad.

"It's his fault for being a slow life scum! He's always pushing everyone away, it's irritating!" Tord raged, lifting himself up on his elbows.

"I don't care about what you think, Tord! Your stupid opinions don't matter because you're into that Japanese shit!"

"Hey," Tord yelled, narrowing his eyes. "Don't bring anime into this."

I turned back and looked at Tom but he wasn't there at all. I noticed a figure in the distance, limping.

"Tom!" I called, chasing after him. While running, my slip-ons slipped off, causing me to deal with the uncomfortable surface.

Nevertheless, I kept running. I wouldn't stop. I can't bare to see someone so broken being told to commit suicide.  I've witnessed it before and it's not going to happening again.

I stopped abruptly and fell face first into the ground. Of course, I threw my hands out to catch myself but that didn't work so well. A groan escaped past my lips, followed with a whine.

I heard footsteps behind me and before I knew it, my hair was being pulled.

"Ow, hey!" I looked up to see Tord with a expression I couldn't quite determine.

He let go and crouched down next to me. "Listen Lindsay, I know more about Tom than you do. So please, kindly fuck off."

I yanked myself to my feet, him following soon after.

"No-"

"It wasn't a question, it was a demand."

"Still," I huffed. "Absolutely not. You," I jabbed my finger onto his chest.

"You told Tom to kill himself. How dare you do that? I thought you liked Tom. Yeah, it's not hard, Tord. I can see it in your pitiful eyes. The love, the passion. You messed up and you can't fix this. I'm done with all his fucking bullshit."

With that, I tucked my hair behind my ear and continued running. I wasn't following Tom this time (mostly because I couldn't find him), I was trying to get out of the forest. I had to let Edd and Matt know.

Edd and Tom might not be on the best of terms, but he at least cares.

At least I hope he does.

I could still hear footsteps behind me and I didn't have to think twice to know it was Tord.

"You can't fix this, Tord." I said, now slowing down to a walk.

I didn't hear a response, but I heard a sniffle.

Looking over my shoulder, I saw Tord, furiously wiping his eyes.

If I cared, I would've comfort him. Instead, I waited for him to catch up to me.

He looked at me with bloodshot eyes, desperately wanting me to hug him or something.

I put on a fake smile and taunted, "Maybe you should stop being emotional and waste your time trying to save someone from killing themselves instead of bailing your eyes out. Remember, it's now or never."

Before I knew it, I felt immediate pain in my ribs.

T O M

I never expected it to be Tord to tell me to jump. I thought it would've been Edd, or Lindsay.

I know Lindsay's a bitch and all, but I'm kinda proud she pushed Tord.

I would've done much worse. Or maybe I wouldn't.

Maybe I would've just done what I'm doing right now.

Cutting.

I was sat in the dimmed bathroom with only the small window near the mirror emitting light. My body shook. I don't know if it was because I was cold or nervous. The only thing I knew is that my body was like a blender. My left wrist had my own blood on it and so did the pair of scissors that was now on the floor.

I pulled the bathroom cabinets opened and grabbed the first pill bottle I found. I wasn't sure what it was because I didn't read it and I took a handful of them and shoved them into my mouth.

It's been 25 minutes and nothing happened. During those minutes, my phone rang multiple times but I didn't pick up.

I tried cleaning up the blood with the toilet paper but the blood had already stained the floor and scissors that I'd need to put actual effort into cleaning it.

I threw the scissors in the trash can and pulled my sleeves down. I left the bathroom, a wave of heat attacking me.

I walked to the kitchen, grabbing the salt shaker.

This time I could continue what I wanted to do since the beginning and now, there is nobody who can stop me. I also grabbed the kitchen knife, presumably the sharpest one.

I lifted up my sleeve and tilted the salt shaker above my arm.

Let's just say I kinda lost my voice.

●֍●

halfway writing this i remembered about a suicidal boy who asked out his crush and they had a conversation about peas.

— any grammar mistakes, let me know