1.Escapism

Revised

The kingdom of Goldensmith was feared by all.
The foreigners.
The residents.
The slaves.
Everyone.
The men who resided in the castle were the cause for all this commotion.
According to rumours they were ruthless.
Evil.
Cruel.
Vile.
They were more evil than Satan and his demons.
They were the Satans of hell themselves.
The poor remained poor because they gave all they harvested to the king and his sons for a few meals a day and a plot of land to live on.
The rich remained rich because they directly stole and conned from the poor- taxes.
The people of the land starved while the the people of the castle thrived.
The people of the land were enslaved.
And their offspring were born into slavery.
Anyone who tried running away and got caught, would get decapitated with the guillotine immediately.
No one had ever escaped these lands successfully after the new laws were implemented.
Anyone who did was lucky.
The people who fled had suspected that something bad was to occur and they didn't want to get caught in the crossfire.
The people once gathered together to form a revolt but they were all executed.
The people of the land that were left weren't treated any better and they still had their duties to uphold - the deceased ones as well.
The kingdom saw that it's people were struggling to sustain it,so they brought new slaves of course.
But while all this was happening a family of current slaves managed to escape - the Carters.
They managed to slip through the heavily guarded gates while the new slaves were being brought into the kingdom but little did they know, there plans wouldn't go as planned.
They knew the possibilities of them being caught were futile but they decided to take the chance anyway.
They had a lot to lose.
But maybe they'd find better luck in their afterlives.
♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
"Baby girl."
"We need to talk to you.",father Stevens called to his daughter with his Mariana by his side in their excuse of a hut.
"Yes dad.",Kiara obediently said to her father as she awoke from her bed.
"We're sorry for waking you up baby girl,but we're leaving."
"We're leaving...wh...wh..what do you mean?", she asked shocked.
"I know it doesn't sound normal baby,but we can't let you live this life for any much longer."
"We care too much for you."
"We want and know that there's better for you out there."
"Baby you know that escaping is forbidden."
"Chances are we'll get caught."
"But we've got nothing to lose but our lives."
"That's the only way out babygirl ."
"You've no choice, we decided that this was the best decision for us all."
"And don't worry baby, you won't die."
"We've fortified a plan."
"You don't have to worry about anything baby."
"You'll be okay."
"Okay?"
"Sound like a plan, you agree with us?"
"Mom...dad,this is dangerous."
"How are you so sure,I won't die-that your plan will work?"
"And I don't want to be alone,while you guys are dead."
"How will I survive?"
"Baby,you've always trusted us,have you not."
"Yes dad,I have ."
"So trust us baby girl, we're doing what's best for us all."
"Okay.", said Kiara hesitantly.
"Great, go back to sleep now."
"We'll wake you when we need to leave."
She nodded.
When the residing slaves heard the hustle and bustle outside they knew that the new slaves had arrived.
Once Stevens and Mariana woke Kiara they silently set off as not to raise suspicious .
They'd told the other slaves of their plans and many of them were against their whole escaping idea but supported them anyway,because at the end, they'd only had each other.
They'd let the family stay in their huts while they were creeping away from hut to hut,until they reached the gate.
The guards were too busy with the new slaves to notice them so they'd easily managed to blend into the crowd.
Through the commotion they'd managed to get into the cart that the new slaves were brought in.
They'd waited for a long while until they felt the cart moving.
Stevens managed to lift the cloth of the cart before he saw that they were in the forest and that there was no one behind them.
It wouldn't be very dangerous for his family to jump as the horse was treading the cart slowly,but he figured that they'd still hurt themselves.
So he'd decided that he'd help his wife and daughter before he lowered himself out.
He'd managed to complete the task successfully, without being noticed by the guard on the galloping horse.
The kingdom of Goldensmith was as cold as its ruling party.
The family had made sure to pack what they'd managed to save throughout the week.
A few of their rags.
And a bottles of water.
Their bottles already had water but they knew they'd have to refill on the journey and they knew of a stream nearby from which they could retrieve water.
They family found a hollow tree big enough to hide them and their things.
The family knew they were being tracked which is why Stevens hadn't started a fire to keep his family warm.
They'd lay the sheet on the ground before all snuggling in under the woven, woollen blanket they'd brought with them.
Kiara was snuggled in between her two parents so she could be kept warm.
The family needn't to worry about food, they'd eaten earlier and they'd avoided drinking much water or juice to avoid having to need to use the bush.
"Kiara,the next few days will be hard."
"We'll be living in solitude and unknowingly of what's to happen."
"But we'll be fine as long as we're together."
"Your dad and I love you very much dear and we won't let anything bad happen to you."
"Yes,my angel,we won't."
Every single time her parents said that they felt guilt.
They'd knew something bad would happen to her cause they'd planned this all accordingly.
The king and his two sons had a thing for young girls.
More particularly young virgin girls.
They'd knew that if they were to get caught the king would surely make her a castle servant or whore her around to his sons and friends and keep her in their harem.
Their Kiara was deemed 'attractive' by most.
The other male slaves.
Young and old.
The guards themselves.
And it had also been rumoured that the harem was running out of girls and needed more.
They didn't want their 17 year old beautiful girl having something rammed in her against her will.
They wanted her to choose to whom she give herself to.
But sadly that wouldn't be possible for their baby girl.
The only thing they could hope for - was the best.
"I trust and believe you,mum,dad."
"We'll be safe."
Stevens gave his daughter and wife a kiss on their foreheads before the family wished each other good night.
But they had no idea that their night would be no good at all.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
What awaits the Carter family?
Or rather who?
How will it all unfold?

•Complaints
•Suggestions

Please vote and comment.