Chapter 14 - He Is Alive

That morning, Namjoon left the hospital in search of a new job, while Jungkook stayed behind with Tae.

Taehyung had discovered a new form of entertainment - Jungkook's mobile phone.

Well - technically it was one he had taken from someone in Ilsan park, but eh - Tae didn't need to know that.

"What happens if I press this one?" Tae asked curiously, pointing at the music button.

"Press it and find out."

Tae pressed it and the app opened, making him gasp in delight like a child.

Jungkook pressed one of the songs he had on it - Serendipity by Park Jimin.

When the phone began to play the song, Tae dropped it in shock.

"IT MADE A SOUND!" He panicked. "DID I BREAK IT?!"

Jungkook was dying with laughter as he gave him a crash course in using an iPhone, but he knew nothing would stay in Taehyung's head.

"You know what? Hold it - watch a K-Drama while I go and get some food for us alright?"

Tae nodded and took hold of the phone, watching as Hwarang started to play.

When Jungkook got back, he burst out laughing. Tae was staring wide eyed at the screen.

"Hey! That guy holding the red filter is super handsome." He smiled.

"That is Hansung." Jungkook explained sitting down. "He reminds me of you - a bit odd sometimes, but loyal, and alien!"

Tae hit him gently and handed back the phone.

"I have been living in so much darkness - K-dramas are now my life!"

"Yah - Jeon Jungkook - have you broken my boy?"

They looked up to see Jimin pressing his face up against the window before coming in.

"JIMINIE!" Tae beamed, jumping out of bed and running to hug him.

"Yup... Hansung and kae-sae." Jungkook laughed to himself.

(I hope y'all get my Hwarang referencing - if not, PM me and I'll fill you in!)

The three of them chatted and ate food, messing around. Taehyung cherished every minute of the hour, and when it was time to go, he felt tears pricking his eyes.

"Hey - give me your number - then we can stay in contact!" Jungkook offered.

Jimin gave over his number willingly, but poor Tae had no idea why they were reading each other complicated lists of numbers.

"Put 3 in there! That is my favourite number!"

"And your mental age." Jungkook teased.

All too soon, Jimin had to say goodbye, and ruffled Tae's hair for the last time.

"Keep singing kid - you're a singing star! Who knows? Someday you could even try out to be an idol like me! Then we could see each other all the time!"

"I will try!" Tae smiled. "I promise."

Jimin left quickly before he could get emotional. He had gotten quite attached to the homeless boy from Ilsan.

"Listen - I'm just going to go to the bathroom alright? I will be right back." Jungkook said softly, leaving the room.

When he got back... the room was empty.

Tae's IV's had been tugged out, and were laying on the bed. His heart monitor was doing a continuous beep, trying to find a pulse on the mattress.