Chapter 12 - Run

====================
WARNING - VERY MINOR SENSITIVE CONTENT
====================

When Tae awoke the next day, he was shocked to find Namjoon still next to him.

"NAMJOON! YOU'RE LATE!"

The man jerked awake and gasped, desperately combing his hair with his fingers and jumping to his feet.

"ByeTaeSeeYouAtTheCafeDon'tKeepJiminWaitingHaveFunAtWorkStaySafeBYE!"

Namjoon sprinted out of the den, hitting the wall as he went and making Tae laugh. He hoped he wouldn't be fired again...

He tidied himself up before leaving the den himself, jogging towards the stables. Hoseok was there waiting for him, and they swiftly got to work.

First they had to feed and groom Hope, then Hoseok explained that they were going for a ride, and asked him to fetch Hope's tack.

To Tae's surprise, when he returned, Hope was not alone.

Hoseok was stood with another horse, which was already fully tacked up. The animal was a beautiful pale brown, with four white socks and a star on it's forehead.

"This is Ginger." Hoseok introduced him. "She is the calmest mare we have here, and today, she is your mount."

Tae froze.

"You want me to ride her... without anyone leading?"

Hoseok nodded and handed him Ginger's leading reign.

"We are going on a short ride. Nothing to worry about. No jumps or canters or trots today. There is a bridal path just down the road."

He gave him a hard hat and helped him to get in the saddle, but Tae's hands were shaking really hard.

"F..fear runs through the reigns..." He muttered, trying to calm down. "G...good girlll...."

Despite Tae's shaking, the horse was incredibly calm. Hoseok explained that she was the horse they often used for children, as she was quite old and experienced. Slowly, the teen began to calm down, and managed to hold the reigns tightly.

They set off, Hoseok riding Hope in front, and Tae riding Ginger behind. The mare walked slowly and evenly, so he wasn't bouncing in the saddle.

The ride was unexpectedly fun, and he was sad when they had to turn back towards the stables.

Just then, as they were riding through a field, a snake appeared out of nowhere, and Hope reared up. Hoseok managed to hold on, and tried to soothe the stallion, but naturally, Ginger saw they younger horse's panic and also reared up, throwing an unexpecting Taehyung through the air. Unlike the jockey, he had never had this happen before, and didn't think to hold on.

He hit the ground with a thump and groaned, rolling to dodge Ginger's hooves as she regained her balance. Hoseok leapt off his horse and ran over to steady the mare, before running to help Tae.

"Are you alright?" He asked, placing a hand behind his back to help him sit up.

Tae groaned and blinked several times, trying to get rid of the blurry film covering his vision. His eyes stung with tears as the pain racked through his body, and he barely heard the jockey at all.

"Yah - Taehyung!" Hoseok said, louder. "Where does it hurt?"

"My ankle... I twisted it..." He choked, trying not to cry. "And my back..."

"Your back will twinge for a minute but that will go... Can you stand on your ankle?"

He wrapped his hand under Tae's arms, lifting him to his feet. Pain hit his ankle and the younger nearly fell again.