The Suite Of Questions

Beginne am Anfang

"Sound logic. Do it. Make the call, make it quick." He almost sounded impatient.

"Yes sir."Izuku quickly explained the situation through a text and asked Jirou to hurry over, to which she immediately acquiesced, acoustic guitar case in tow. In a matter of minutes, they were loaded into a car and instructed to put on earplugs and blindfolds for the sake of security before driving off.

"Mr. Aizawa?" Izuku called out, blindfolded and barely able to hear the sound of the car running.

"What." A muffled voice from the front seat replied.

"Couldn't you have, you know.....brought along Ms. Joke for this? She could definitely make Eri laugh. Even without a Quirk, I think." Emi Fukukado aka The Smile Hero Ms. Joke had a Quirk that made others in her immediate surrounding area double over in gut-busting laughter, rendering them powerless, making villains easy pickings. It may come in handy. Plus, she was a good-natured person from what Izuku could tell before the license exams took place. Being the yang to his ying, Ms. Joke and him seemed to make a pretty good combination despite Aizawa's blatant expressions of annoyance at his acquaintance's antics every time they meet.

"No." He gave a flat reply as he took a right. "She has her own work cut out at Ketsubutsu Academy, and it's not my place to have her come over on a whim." That and he didn't want her constantly trying to make him laugh with her Quirk, which only served to exacerbate the dry eye condition he had. "Besides, there's no point in making Eri laugh through such....artificial means. It needs to be genuine. That's why you asked to bring her along, isn't it?"

"Right, of course."

"Um...Mr. Aizawa, I've never met her, so is there anything I should know about her? What she likes, what she doesn't; certain dos and don'ts?"

"She likes apples. And cats. And drawing. Just....try not to point out the.....bizarreness of some of them. Keep an open mind. Here we are." Pulling into the parking area, he opened the car trunk and pulled out a large bag. He took the blindfolds off of them once they were inside his apartment.

"Whoa.....This is....is this where you live, Mr. Aizawa?" The room was a large, well-lit studio apartment with a veranda that was kept spare with simple furnishings. There was a crochet next to the couch where two cats were lounging around.

"Got a problem?" He shot a sharp look, daring Izuku to say anything.

"No sir! I just....I wasn't really sure what to expect when you said we're going to meet――"

"DEKU!" A small girl with white hair and a horn sticking out from the right side of her forehead appeared seemingly out of nowhere and tackled Izuku with a hug.

"Hey, Eri. How've you been?" Izuku asked as he picked her up and swung her around twice before putting her down. He knelt in front of her to meet her at eye level.

"Really good! I missed you so so so much!" She was smiling. It was a good sign.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep in touch with you."

"It's okay. I know you're busy trying to save lots and lots of people." Then she noticed Jirou with her guitar case standing behind him, not really sure what to do as Aizawa began unpacking the bag. "Wait, you were the one singing at the Culture Festival!"

"Oh, you remember me?"

"Yeah! You were so cool! I wanna sing like that too."

"Thanks," Jirou blushed as she smiled, holding out her hand as she knelt beside Izuku. "I'm Kyouka. Nice to meet you, Eri."

"You're friends with Deku, right?"

"Yeah...yeah, I am. We're in the same class, actually."

"So you're a hero too?!"