Chapter 39: Kayla

DIANA

"We're gonna be late for school, Cupcake"

I felt Dylan pinch my cheek as an attempt to wake me up but laziness got the best part of me and I left them shut.

"I know you're awake"

Using his fingers, he pushed the loose strands on my forehead to my temple and revealed the smile I had plastered to my face.

"Leave me alone" I mumbled "I don't wanna go to school"

"You have chemistry test today, remember?"

"Did you really have to say that?" I asked, finally opening my eyes and staring up at him.

His messy brown hair fell across his face, the shadow blocking his eyes from my blurry vision.

He had the same smile on his face since yesterday, the awkward one he had on when he said something about possession I didn't really understand.

All I could see was how nervous he was while saying the same thing he literally said to every girl he threw a wink. He was red from all the smiling and pressure on his face while I was caught between giving in or telling him to leave.

Could it be stupid to say yes? I mean, he hurt me a couple of times but that was only because I unknowingly started it at the first place.

Could it be cruel for say no? We had equal faults but something in me still felt the pain and selfishly blocked out all the thoughts of how he possibly felt too.

Besides, he had done quite a lot of things and sacrificed some of his time for my satisfaction. First, he took me in to stay in his home for as long as I wanted. I couldn't imagine how it would've felt to get foster care or stay in an orphanage.

The whole school would get to know about it and Cassandra would've gotten another reason to make my life feel worse than the mess it was.

Second, he got me clothes, shoes and stuff I couldn't have afforded on my own. Not that I was so attracted to expensive bags and stuff, I just appreciated it cause no one had cared so much about me ever since my father left.

Third, he got me a room fit for a queen. It had more than I needed and was decorated to perfection.

I couldn't have thought I'd feel so comfortable and happy in a few days.

Usually, he spent his time with his clique and sometimes Cassandra cause she was always unnecessarily in the picture for a reason I had no idea about.

The point is, he left all of that for me.

I couldn't be so selfish and forget all of that because of a dumb misunderstanding.

Besides, I kinda had a teensy bitsy little crush on him.

Okay, I had a huge crush on him, deal with it.

"It's not my fault I couldn't yell free food"

I sighed and buried my head in his chest, inhaling the cologne evident on his his vest. The skin beneath the thin clothing was warm against my bare face and honestly, was the best feeling ever.