Chapter 37: Stacy

The sunlight blinded my vision as my eyelids flutter open. Rolling over to the edge of the bed, I rubbed my stolen eyes and extended my hand to the side table.

My vision was blurry till i adusted the glasses on the bridge of my nose.

I spent my night tossing and turning till I finally got sleep early this morning.

No matter how much I tried, my mind kept moving back to what happened the night before.

After he revealed the reason he did all of that was because I called it a stupid kiss, I turned and left. Not because I was mad or something, I just had so much to take in and couldn't comprehend it all at once.

First, it started with Toby who hated Dylan, tried to get to him through me and the shocking revelation he was twenty eight.

Yes, I was so stupid to have ignored the people around me and the looks they had on their faces while I was on his table. I guess the anger I had in me blinded everything and I paid more attention to making a particular someone drown in jealousy.

Then I figured out the only reason this all started was all my fault.

I didn't mean it when I said it was a stupid kiss, it was just something I said to reduce the tension and awkwardness in the air.

Then he took it seriously.

There I was thinking he was he was such a jerk for saying it was just a kiss with absolutely no idea I was the one at fault.

I'd thought about it for hours and bringing it up over again would only give me a headache.

I hopped off the bed and got on my feet, taking off my glasses and placing it on the bedstead. I stripped off the silky pajamas and placed it on the bed, it was the first time I'd worn something so mature to sleep. Usually, it was ducky pajamas or onsies.

I got into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and took a long time in the shower before stepping out in a white robe.

I wore black washed jeans and a blue cropped top due to the hot temperature then pulled my hair into a ponytail and let it dangle at the back of my head. I proceeded to get my glasses from the bedstead and placed it on the bridge of my nose.

Since it was our final day in Nigeria, I packed up all the stuff I had lying across the bed, vanity and the ones in the closet.

After zipping up the huge luggage, I sighed in relief and placed it at the side of the room before heading out.

My palms found their ways to my ears as the loud echoing sound of music blasted through the hallway. I felt floor beneath my feet vibrate with the intensity of each beat.

Not that it could destroy the building but loud enough to deafen me.

I adapted to the sudden noise after a few seconds, detached my hands from my ears and slammed the door shut behind me.

I probably didn't hear the music because my room was soundproof or the music coincidentally started when I got out of my room.

Either ways, it was way too loud.

The music was louder as I walked towards it source and after a few seconds of walking and trying to figure out what the hell was going on, I figured out it was from the room next to Dylan's.