Chapter 33: Rocks

Dylan woke me up as early as five of clock.

At most, I had three hours of sleep and had my eyes open once the sky got blue.

I'd spent most of the night packing for the trip and watching TV since I had no chemistry test to worry about. At least, not till the next few days.

I also browsed the internet about the country for a knowledge of the place before I got there. I saw pictures of some good parts and some of the local rural places like the villages and streets.

The most I saw revolved around Lagos and a few about other states.

loved their culture, tribes, dresses and most things I saw through the internet. I got attracted to the food the most and yes, they looked delicious even through the monitor.

So I got drawn to it and found myself wanting to teleport and get my hands on their delicious delights.

Moving on, we got ready before ten after, of course, another food fight and series of arguments.

Y'all know I'll always be right.

As if we were more responsible than the idiots we were, we got out of the house looking like the most mature pair in the world.

The drive to the airport took about an hour and a few minutes and after the long minutes of enduring stupidity, we got off the vehicle.

After getting there hours later, we got into the jet immediately, buckled up and took off.

"Never knew you had a jet" I said, taking off the seatbelts after the pilot's instruction.

"Oh darling" He started "This is the smallest of my wealth"

"You have an ego twice the size of your head"

"I think you mean confidence but it's okay, I pardon your lack of simple intelligence"

"Fuck you"

"It's too early for such words, we still have six hours ahead of us"

"I can't believe I'm gonna endure six hours with you" I sighed, burying my head into my palms "I missed chemistry test for this"

"First, you're not enduring it, you're enjoying it and second, didn't we have that test on Tuesday?"

"Yes and I got an F."

"Ouch, that bad? I got a B"

"Lucky for you." I replied "She gave me an opportunity to retake the test and that's meant to be today"

"Don't worry, you'll enjoy the trip and probably forget about it"

"And fail Chemistry, this is final year, you know? What if I don't get into college and end up on the streets"

"Geez, calm down. It won't get that bad, just tell her your grandparent died or something, fake a few teardrops and she'll make you retake the test at your own convenience"

"That's wrong" I said "I like it"

"So you don't have to worry about the dumb test, okay?"

"Yeah whatever"

"No that's over, I think it's time I show you my rock collection a_"

"I think it's time I have a nap"

I bounced on my feet before he got the chance to bore me out which would probably lead to another argument. That's for sure.

"Come on, Cupcake. I went round the world to get these_"