Chapter 3: The big...

Tuesday wasn't any better than Monday. I still had three more days till weekend and besides, I was always so busy on Tuesdays and trust me, it sucks. The schedule didn't favour me at all and Tuesday's timetable was the worst.

Why can't everyday be Saturday?

Oddly, I woke up earlier than normal. My eyes were wide open before the alarm. It was still a few minutes before the normal time and I was too lazy to get out of bed so I spent my time rolling over what happened the day before. I felt so troubled and exhausted then remembered what my father used to advice to pray whenever things got tough, that was exactly what I did and I felt weight lifted off my shoulders.

After, I went to school as usual, sat down for classes, went to work. The only eventful thing that happened was the incident in math class. I wondered what would've happened if the sweater slipped off and my thigh was left on display. If that happened, trust me, I wouldn't step a foot in that school till a month or two. I would patiently wait at home till one of the popular kids dump another one and they become the school's gist. Though, some people would stare but they would be too busy talking about the new trending topic.

My thoughts were cut short when I heard shuffling from my mother's room. She was waking up.

I didn't waste any more time. I sprinted to the bathroom, took off my clothes and went beneath the shower. Once I was done, I wore a big green T-shirt that once belonged to my dad. I loved the comfort I got from it so I kept it deep in my closet. I wore blue jeans and a pair of converse.

I couldn't afford to go through the door downstairs so I had no other choice than to go for the window. I placed one foot on the edge and_

SMASH!!

A big brown bottle of beer hit the wall right beside me. It shattered into pieces and the brown liquid stained my wall. So much for trying to keep the room clean and spotless.

"Darling" She started in a very calm voice "Were you planning on leaving without preparing breakfast for your lovely mother?" I knew that voice better than I knew my name. The lower the voice, the more dangerous she could be. She was a total psycho.

She took slow and steady steps forward. I understood her techniques and she definitely was about to lunge herself at me. To delay that, I plastered my back to the wall and started living towards the door.

"I'm sorry"

"No need for apologies sweetie" She laughed "For every mistake, there's a punishment"

When I was close to the door, I pulled it open and started sprinting towards the stairs. I could hear her huge feet hitting the wooden floor with every step she made.

I didn't make it to the third stair when her hand reached for my hair and she pulled me back with it.

You guessed it right, it hurts.

After I felt my butt hit a stair, I pulled her down with me. She fell right behind me and took her hand away from my hair. I used the opportunity and ran for my dear life. It wasn't until I reached the last stair that I figured out my backpack was still upstairs.

Come on, life! Now is not the right time!

As I turned to make my way back upstairs, I felt her hand hut my right cheek. I heard the slap echo in my head before I came back to my senses.

"Darling, this wouldn't be painful if you just told me where my meal is" She said, slowly descending from the stairs. I pointed at the counter top and she made her way towards it. I sprinted upstairs immediately and locked my bedroom door.