Chapter 36: Barbie Shoes

(A/N: I know y'all really really really really really hate Dylan now but, make sure you read this chapter to the very end to understand and if you don't, you'll get it in the chapters after this. Also, this chapter might be a little too short, only about 1400 words in total which is shorter than my usual chapters but I hope you enjoy it.)

...

Why in the world was he jealous?

He had his time with Keyinday, periodically winking at her and giving her smiles that'll make any woman melt. Then he proceeded to make it all worse by getting her number.

I was right there, watching them both have their time. Neither of them noticed my presence, he didn't care about how I felt.

Then Toby came along, a man even better than he was. At least, he noticed his presence unlike his ebony sweetheart and went ahead to mention he was a big fan of his work.

And guess who turned out to be a total bitch about it?

He obviously didn't want anything with me. He made it clear when he confirmed it was just a kiss, nothing more.

So what if I actually wanted a thing with Toby?

"No, I won't shut the fuck up! I've listened to you say shit so it's time you listen to me!"

"I don't wanna have anything say anything that'll hurt you, Diana. Just shut up already"

"You've said enough to hurt me, I can take a lot more, you know? What's the worse you're gonna say?"

"Drop it_"

"That's the problem Dylan. You're so selfish, you want everything to yourself. First, you kiss me, then you say it's just a kiss and now, you're jealous? Well, here's the truth Dylan, no matter how jealous you get, I'm never going to like you. I can mess around with every guy in the world but you'll never be one of them. There'll never be a thing between us, okay? You're just gonna die in jealousy."

"Stop it"

"How about you just go meet Keyinday and spend the rest of your life with her or Cassandra cause apparently, she doesn't see how much of an asshole you are or every girl that'll worship the ground you step on? Guess what Dylan? I'm not gonna be like them. Yes, you've had your chance with me but it'll never happen again. Ever"

🦋. 🦋. 🦋. 🦋. 🦋

Filling my palms with cold water, I splashed the liquid on my face and once more to get rid of the sleep. Grabbing a towel, I wiped my face dry and walked out of the bathroom.

I pulled on a white and blue striped pajamas, put my hair in a messy bun and headed downstairs for dinner.

I hoped Dylan wouldn't be there to ruin the night the same way he did to the evening.

After yelling at him in the car, he stayed quiet and neither of us uttered a word throughout the drive back. I folded my arms and stared at the windshield, still fuming from the anger I let out while he tapped away on his phone.

Playing Candy Crush.

Cause it was totally the most mature thing in the world.