Chapter 15 - Reborn

"Gabriella! Come on, you'll be late again!"

Somewhere in a crowded town lived a girl. But not just an ordinary girl; this one was special.

"Coming mum!" She screeched, before continuing to frantically brush her hair. She scrambled around her room, zipping up her guitar case and getting ready. Music was blasting from her phone and Gabriella couldn't resist the urge to jam out and bang her head.

She loved her life, but she felt like something was missing. The other week she had turned 14, on the 5th of January. She was always told that she had been born on the same day a special girl had died. It had been all over the news. Her name was something like Grace, or Gracie. It was quite faint in her memory but she always had some sort of connection with her.

"Are you coming?" Her mother exclaimed yet again.

"Yes, one second!" Gabriella looked into the mirror one last time, brown curls shaping her face. She lingered on her bright green eyes that looked somewhat familiar...

Gabriella grabbed her guitar and scrambled out of her room, ready to perform.

"About time! Are you ready sweetie?" Her mother queried.

"Yes." Her daughter replied. They were about to enter the car when Gabrielle rushed back inside. "I forgot something!" She raced back into her room and grabbed the object, before bolting back into the car.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Her mother laughed and smiled back at her daughter.

"Yep," she confirmed, as she flipped the pic between her fingers. It was a rusty guitar pic with the initials 'M.H'

I wonder what it means... Gabriella thought.

That night, after her amazing performance (she performed a Nirvana cover in front of hundreds of people), Gabriella was rummaging through her drawers. She unexpectedly found an old, grimy cassette tape. She knew her mother kept a VHS player in the basement, so she raced down.

"What's the rush darling?" her mother asked with a playful smile.

"I'm...going to watch a movie!" Gabriella concluded as she made her way down the rickety stairs.

Her heart raced as she inserted the tape. Her eyes widened as it began to play. A girl, who looked extremely like herself, was tied to a chair. She began talking;

"I always wanted to play music; that was my dream." She said, tears running down her face. She continued, "Things like my parents stopped me from doing so. In fact, they restricted me from doing most things, and lied to me."

As the girl continued talking, Gabriella began to feel sympathy for her. Her words brought tears to stream down her skin.

"So when you want to live your life, do what you love, because no one can stop you." Gabriella bit back more sobs as her heart continued to slam into her chest. Her jaw dropped as the girl held up the exact same guitar pic Gabriella held.

In that moment, she felt an extreme connection to this girl. She had died on the same day Gabriella was born. They shared far too many features and interests. They even shared the same ambition!

And from that day, she was extremely successful with her musical career, and met many wonderful people. She had kept her signature pic with her the whole time, and had an amazing life. A life that she had finally deserved.

The End.

A/N

Thank you SO👏 MUCH👏 for 376 reads!! I'm so thankful, and the story is finally finished!😂

Thank you for all of the support from everyone and all of the votes and reads!❤️❤️

I hope you enjoyed the story, and if you have any questions or statements just let me know in the comments!

Thanks again!! ❤️