Chapter 5

I considered covering my ears to what I heard coming from the kitchen. Look; it doesn't take supersonic hearing powers to overhear what my parents were gossiping about. My heart beat faster by each ugly word that escaped their mouths. It started with my mum simply saying

"Goodnight, sweetie." I had run off to bed, super excited for the trip ahead of me and my best friend. I was going to go to sleep, until my level of alertness rose by a million. Their words struck me with each syllable, like an axe striking against a tree.

"Do you really believe her?" I had heard my dad say, failing to contain his dull voice under his thick, heavy breath.

"What do you mean?" My mother said, oblivious to what had been going on. I heard soft murmurs, however, I couldn't make out what they were saying. All of a sudden, a hand had slammed on the table, causing bits of cutlery to come into contact with a CLANK. And now, I laid here, waiting for the discussion to continue, my expression becoming horrified at the responses.

"What do you mean, she's just a child?! Are you an idiot?!" My father bellowed, somehow still managing to be quiet, even though I could just make out the words.

"N-no, but why would she want to do that? Are you saying she...she would actually..." I would actually what?! I wasn't going to close my aching eyes until I heard a response.

"Look, I don't know how dumb you could physically be, but i'm telling you; our daughter is not going to just sit here and obey our orders! You hear her everyday playing that filthy music and watch those traumatising things! Do you know what time she came home tonight?" An eerie silence filled the gap, as I could almost picture my father standing there, a dark, horrifying look looming upon his face. If I had to be honest, he would be the only horror story that terrified me.

"I said, do you know what time our daughter came home tonight?!" He carefully placed each word in front of the other, which made it sound even more frightening.

"E-eleven p-pm." My mother stated in a small, quaky voice.

"And you're going to let her break free out of your hands to go play with some, some "girl"?! Who knows what they are planning or doing together!!" My father screeched, as I opened my mouth in horror. They couldn't possibly find out that I was running away. If they do, I would have to leave sooner; much sooner.

"B-but...-"

"Baby, look, I love you and our daughter, and I am not going to sit here and watch her f***ing escape! We have to keep her, we have to ground her - even if it's for her whole f***ing life! Do you here me? No more going out, she'll run away and get lost somewhere. This world isn't for her, i'm not gonna let her get away and f***ing run off, okay? We have to protect her. She's already been exposed to rock and horror. It would only get worse, baby, we have to keep her safe okay?"

"O-okay," my mother sobbed. I tightly closed my eyes as droplets of tears tickled my face and landed on the now drenched pillow. Silent sobs attempted to escape my mouth, however I clamped it shut. I would have to go, not in a month, not in a week - I would have to leave tomorrow. My tears subsided as a plan began to come together in my mind. I slowly eased my body to relax - I would have to have a big rest before I left, first thing tomorrow morning.

A/N

Hey everyone! I am sooo happy for not only 80 reads, but my story is #6 in Rebelling tag! I'd like to thank you all for your support, your reads and your votes; I really appreciate it! This chapter wasn't as long as it normally would be, however this weekend I didn't really have much time on my hands. Let me know your thoughts in the comments and all of your votes are appreciated!!