Chapter 14: Pass on the message

I cried at the top of my lungs, my skin coated in a thick layer of sweat. My breathing became shallow and my arms were piercing with pain. I raised my head in order to inspect my surroundings, of which seemed to be spinning. Ahead of me stood the two bulky men followed by Darren.

I realised I was tied in a chair, and I dropped my head low as the two men advanced towards me. They picked up me in the chair far too easily and placed me in a room of which consisted of three solid walls and a glass wall; like a recording studio. I looked up to see a camera staring directly back at me.

"You know exactly what to say to your parents now, don't you?" Darren uttered, exiting the room whilst locking the door behind him.

Next thing I knew, I was in a room by myself with a camera, two large guys outside, waiting impatiently. Did they really think I was going to apologise; after everything I've been through?

Darren disposed of Mary's body as tears began to race down my complexion. The two men signalled that it was recording, and urged me to start talking. So I did.

"I always wanted to play music; that was my dream. Things like my parents stopped me from doing so. In fact, they restricted me from most things, and lied to me. The biggest lie they told me was that the world was harmless. That it was safe.

"Anyways, whoever is watching this, I want you to know that you should never, and I mean never let people like my parents tell you what you can and can't do. We live in a generation with so much more freedom, that a few people shouldn't stop you from doing what you love, and what you were b... born t-to do..." My voice faltered as I began losing breath.

No, I was this far, I wasn't going to give up.

"I want you to know that everything I went through was worth it. If I stayed home, I would've been kept inside, like some fucking prisoner. I hope that it was worth it. I hope that my message can make a difference, considering the friends I've lost.

"So when you want to live your life, do what you love, because no one can stop you." I reached into my back pocket with a fragile hand and bent over, grasping my guitar pic in my fingertips. I held it up to the camera, shaking, and then continued;

"I love Mary, and I love music. Do what you love..." The rusty pic (tattooed with Mary's initials) fell to the ground, as I looked through the glass wall of the room.

The two men were frantically trying to get in, realising what I had been saying this whole time. They ushered Darren over and he hectically began to scramble for the keys.

As he tried to get in, I felt my heart getting weaker and weaker as the seconds passed. I knew my time was up. I smiled at the camera - a weak, loving smile - and felt my eyes close, finally putting my life to an end.

Somewhere far away, another child was born. 

A/N

Thank you for 330 reads!!! I couldn't be happier. 

I'm realllyyy sorry that I haven't update in a while; I kind of like lost my passion to write this story...but I will start a new one after this hopefully!

The song featured in this chapter is Tell Me Baby by Red Hot Chilli Peppers!! Love them <3

If you could vote and comment that would greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!!