Chapter 4

"Mum?"

"Yes, dear?" Mrs Hunter looked up in order to answer her daughter's enquiry, making her nervously stutter.

"Well, I was w-wondering if.. I could..um," she began. Gracies face suddenly lit up as a brilliant plan formed in her head, hopefully fitting her mother's difficult lifestyle standards. "I was wondering if I could hang out with...Tiffany?" She beseeched, unsurely.

Her mother's expression elevated so quickly, Gracie slightly stumbled back in shock.

"Of course, my dear! Here, why don't you head on right now!" Her mother jumped up and clapped her hands in excitement. She ushered her daughter out of the door.

"Bye, I guess-" Gracie was cut off by the slam of the front door.

Well, she thought, at least I can meet up with Mary now! She grinned, as she ran off into the distance to the perfectly memorised location of her best friend, her heart rate increasing not only because she was running...

"Did you want to..um.." Gracie began, a fresh downpour of crimson suddenly dominating her once-pale cheeks. Her voice tergiversated as she stared through the soul of her friend. They had met at a park of which consisted a thick layer of greenery and a small, homey tree-house. The two girls currently stood there; albeit the freezing winds, Gracie was hot with uneasiness.

"Hazel," Mary beamed with beautiful, reassuringly cinnamon orbs that were so comforting, they seemed to grasp out at any part of Gracie and embosom her tightly.

"I was thinking if you wanted to...escape, like, r-run-"

"Run away?" Maryanne consummated, her facade radiating a warm, luminous phosphorescence that enclosed her and Gracie into their own invisible world. The two girls remained immobile, disregarding the entirety of the world besieging the pair of vibrant souls. Their eyes seemed to connect in a way that flawlessly aligned together to create a wondrous gaze, intoxicatingly captivating their mere beings. The vital fluid of which kept Gracie alive flooded her profile, staining her skin a coruscating fuschia, as meteorically expeditious as the speed of which the boundless, interstellar galaxy expands.

Blissful laughter filled the rickety room, sending thick particles of dust flying, emphasising the long strands of sunlight that seeped their way through tattered windows, which were dressed in juniper-coloured vines and patched of moss.

"I'd love to; I would finally get away from my f***ing family," Mary explained as a perky grin edged along her face.

"Let's do it," Gracie stated, clearly relieved that her friend had agreed.

"So, obviously we've got to pack some stuff," Maryanne began whilst raising her eyebrows to confirm her order.

"Sure. I could get some money from my parents and we'll gather up food."

The pair then began discussing their intentions to escape from their loathsome homes. In fact, they blathered on for so long, that it took them a few minutes to realise that their only source of light came from the intense, alluring moon that hit them like an alarm.

"Shit, we've gotta go!" The two scampered about, saying goodbye before rushing home. Gracie made it home in time to smell the putrid stink that indicated dinner was ready.

"Sweetie, you're home late," Mrs Hunter spoke as she glanced at the clock, before suspiciously eyeing her daughter head-to-toe. "Had a fun time at Tiffany's, I suppose?"

"Uh, y-yea! It was great!" Yet another idea formed inside of Gracie's mind in order to benefit her urgent needs. "Um, actually, she wanted to meet up tomorrow and go shops...and I kind of need to..um..bring my own money, which I don't-"

"Oh of course dear!" Gracie's mother pulled out a worn-out, thick leather wallet and withdrew two 100 dollar bills. "Is this enough?"

"Yes! That's plenty! Thanks!" Gracie was impressed at how easily her mother could be fooled. She galloped to her room to stash it in her bra - which was unfortunately the only safe place she could hide it in at the moment - before she ran back to the dinner table and took a seat. The family ate dinner in silence, Gracie trying to stuff down her food so that she could go to bed.

"Goodnight!" They chanted to each other, all in high spirits expect for Gracie's father, who was frowning as he ate.

As Gracie lay in bed, she heard the voices of her parents, who seemed to be having a silent argument. She gasped as she heard them say...

A/N

Thank you for 66 reads!! I'm extremely happy, even though it's just a small amount. What do you think the parents were talking about? Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and opinions. Thanks again and stay tuned!