I Love You More... (Final Chapter)

Swarms of the living dead wandered past airport gates. They sank down in their plastic chairs, and groaned collectively as flights were called 'delayed'. The Florida wind was nearing a storm warning, as planes remained affixed down on the runway. Soon enough, the rain would be approaching and causing an onslaught of heavy downpour.

Y/n's 7AM flight had been moved a few times within the space of four hours. Meanwhile, Keana sat beside her and talked about all the things they had in common. Y/n was universally hated in the foundation? So was she. Y/n liked to sleep around? So did she. Y/n just wanted to get on the flight and sit in her business class seat, far away from Keana's economy seat? It was the last thing on Keana's mind.

At first, Y/n didn't mind her company when she saw that she was truly apologetic about the things she said. Maybe they could be friends and become the first members of the 'misunderstood club'. She thought they could have a purely platonic conversation as co-workers, but it didn't last very long. It was like there was a switch that turned on to make her flirt nonstop with her. First, it was the talking, batting the eyelashes, and giggling at her subtle dismissiveness.

By the second hour, she had her hand on Y/n's arm and down her thigh. She tried to shift her position and turn away from Keana, but she had a determination about her and a death grip rivaled only by the most flesh-deprived zombie.

Keana removed her hoodie, leaving her in a low-cut crop top that left little to the imagination. There was no doubt; Y/n saw. She was susceptible to the sight of a woman's beautiful body, but she could also smell desperation.

Keana practically took half her seat and leaned her head on her shoulder. "What'cha readin'?" Y/n turned the iPad away from her line of sight. She was reading, or at least attempting to read, the latest Stephen King thriller. Closing the Kindle app, she resigned to the fact that she wouldn't get the peace and quiet she craved for as long as the fiery redhead was there beside her.

"This is so boring," she groaned. The delayed flight was taking its toll on both of them. Y/n just wanted to get out and leave the drama that saturated her week down in Miami. Keana just wanted Y/n to give in already. She leaned into her ear and whispered, "You know, I've always wanted to become a member of the mile-high club..."

The speaker screeched.

"American Air is very sorry for the delay, but we are pleased to tell our passengers that we will be boarding now. Business class and priority boarding members may line up at the gate at this time."

No sigh of relief was louder than Y/n's. "Thank god," she muttered as she stood up and deliberately ignored Keana's solicitation. She rolled her eyes when she realized flirting with Y/n was an exercise in futility. "Well, it was nice talking to you," she said graciously even though she wasn't totally truthful, "I'll see you around."

Y/n walked up to the line and followed as men in suits handed their boarding pass to the flight attendant at the gate. "Boarding pass and ID, ma'am?" she smiled broadly at her. She passed her the ticket and her driver's license. She blushed as she inspected her identification. "I knew it. You're Y/n Gonzalez.

She smiled, "Yup, that's me."

"I'm sorry for holding you up, Big G, but my wife and I are your biggest fans. Would you mind taking a picture with me."

"Yeah, no problem," she said as she pulled out her phone and snapped a picture with the soccer superstar. "Tell your wife I said hi"

"Oh, I will. I just wish she were here to share this moment with me. She's stationed in Afghanistan." she sighed, melancholy forming in her delicate features.

"Tell her that I appreciate the work she's doing for our country,"

She nodded and smiled weakly as she let her through.