Insomnia

Bright light blasted through the windows and Camila growled in annoyance. She loved the darkness provided by the curtains. She craved and longed for that darkness. The light became the least of her problems when she felt the splitting headache from her hangover. She groaned and shoved her head back into the pillow.

"I knew it." said Dinah, who was standing by the curtains she had just pulled, "you were drinking last night."

"So?"

"So?" Dinah asked incredulously, "Normani and I found two bottles of wine - one in the kitchen and another by the pool. Mind you, one of them we were saving for a special occasion."

"Last night was a special occasion." Camila stated almost in the form of a question. Dinah raised her eyebrows as she pulled the comforter off her best friend's bed.

Camila grumbled at the cold air that hit her bare legs. She didn't know how she did it but she had managed to stumble out of her leggings before falling in bed last night. "Yeah. Last night Karla reared her pretty little head." She chuckled, referring to the drunken version of herself.

"Karla? Here? With Gonzalez?" Dinah was in complete and utter disbelief. "You didn't do anything with her did you?"

"What? No!" Camila cried out. "No, we just drank and talked." she replied, leaving out the part about wanting to feel her up, walking into the pool, and failing to seduce her for a swim.

"Talked about what?"

"Cheech..."

"Chanchooo..."

"What? I'm just curious. I never imagined the two of you would have much to talk about."

"Alcohol is a social lubricant." She stated matter-of-factly. "Besides, Y/n is not as bad as you make her out to be. She's actually a decent person."

Dinah laughed in near hysterics. The word 'decent' was not usually associated with a woman of Y/n Gonzalez's reputation. "Right, Chancho, that's rich." She threw some clothes toward her best friend before she started for the door, "Just don't fly too close to the sun, Camila. Y/n will fuck you and burn you."

"Good morning, motherfucker!" Normani beamed as Y/n walked out to the patio to join them for brunch. The two singers were already dressed for their day for shopping, and Normani had already returned, pumped and sweaty, from an intense practice. Y/n walked towards the table and rubbed her eyes with her not-so-subtle middle finger.

"You're welcome by the way," Normani started.

"For what?"

"For raiding my wine fridge, you asshole. Oh and making an excuse for your hungover ass for missing practice." Normani smacked her on the side of the head. Y/n laughed and winked at Camila, who didn't know how to respond except to politely smile back.

"How's the head feeling?" Y/n asked Camila .

She nodded as she ate a mouthful of whole grain toast, "It's good. Feeling a little dehydrated but nothing some Gatorade can't fix."

"So what exactly happened last night while Mani and I were at the movies?" Dinah asked curiously.

Y/n and Camila both shrugged, not willing to divulge details from the previous night. "Nothing, we drank and talked about soccer," Y/n lied trying to steer the conversation to another topic, "Have you heard about these new chicks from the University of Florida?" Normani just replied with a simple "They're aight."
"What's up with those opening acts thoe Hansen?"

"Ugh, don't get me started," Dinah rolled her eyes, "I mean, Sabrina is a sweet girl and she sings amazingly but she's too young and naive for this business. You know who I really hate though? One of our opening acts on tour, Hailee Steinfield is a whole other story. Even her red hair is fake. Ever since she set foot on MY tour, she's been trying to take the spotlight away from me and Camila. And I swear, she's always trying to flirt with Normani whenever she comes for a visit."