Chapter 78: The ruins

Începe de la început

Apparently this event happened so long ago that no one who knew what went down here could share these information with his descendants. We climbed up the destroyed walls of the castle to the top and entered one of the still existing towers. On silent and cautious feet we walked down the spiral stairs to the floor below us and Caro looked fleetingly around the corners to see which of the two halls we should enter. "Both ways are safe. I can't sense any presence.", she informed us shortly after. Felix then asked: "Okay, where should we go then? Or should we divide us in groups?" "Mhm, I think it wouldn't be a good idea to split into groups. We should rather stay together.", Minx said and looked at us worried. Luxilia thought for a second and said briefly: "I have to agree with Minx. We should stay together. From what I can feel, Insanity should be in this direction."

Afterwards she pointed to the right and we all nodded before we entered the dark hall to our right. Carefully we walked along the ancient walls and a few minutes later we arrived in a room with several doors. "What now?", rolled it over Felix's lips and Ken gave him a light punch on the head. The swede rubbed his head and looked at his friend hurt. Ken just said annoyed: "Serves you right. You always have to bitch around in such situations. That is completely unnecessary." While the others, except Luxilia, had to laugh, I closed my eyes and concentrated. Suddenly I felt something familiar in the distance. //Dark.//, shot it through my head and I opened my eyes again. "I know where we need to go.", I said and walked towards one of the doors. All the others looked at me stunned.

Only Luxilia smiled slightly and followed me without saying a word. My friends ran after us shortly after. The door led to a long staircase that led us deeper down into the castle. We walked for a while down the stairs before we arrived at another door. Carefully, I opened it slightly and saw that we were now in the courtyard of the ruins. Quietly I closed the door again and turned to my comrades. In a whisper I asked: "How should we act now? Insanity has to be somewhere in the courtyard." "A direct attack would be our downfall. We need to catch him alone.", came it from Caro and we wanted to make up a plan, when we suddenly heard a laugh behind us. Surprised we all turned around and saw Madness behind us. With a grin she said: "I think I'm going to stop your little party here."

She then let several portals appear beneath our feet and we were all separated from one another. Screaming I fell from the ceiling and ended up in a large bedroom, which was covered in dust. Groaning I stood up again and looked around. I already have felt small in these ruins the whole time, but this room showed me how small we all were in this castle. The room was three times as high as I was and even the furniture were a little larger than our own. On the walls were several pictures, which were covered in dust and slightly destroyed that no one could see the image. The room was decorated in mostly dark blue colours with a mixture of galaxy themes.

Here and there you could see red and blue crystals in the walls and furniture. This whole room felt as if the former owner of this room was someone special. "I'm glad you like my room. Come on, sit down.", sounded a voice out of nowhere and one of the chairs suddenly flew across the room towards me. When it landed back on the ground next to me, I looked around a little confused and scared, but couldn't see anyone. I carefully sat down on the chair and waited. Suddenly a white and black light appeared and shortly after the light formed into a person. My eyes widened as the person had finished transforming.

Luxilia POV

With a bang I landed in a dusty room and sat up in slight pain. My head hurt and I rubbed my forehead with my right hand. When I opened my eyes again, I realized I landed in a big room. He was almost twice as tall as me and split in two halves. One half was decorated in black and red tones, while the other half was held in white and blue tones. Carefully I stood up and looked around more closely. The black and red half looked more like the room of a young boy, while the blue and white half looked like the room of a girl. After a while I found a family photo lying on the floor and walked towards it. I picked up the old and broken picture frame and blew away the dust on it. My eyes widened and I felt the tears in my eyes. Quietly it came over my lips: "How could I forget this place?"

Flashback

I slowly opened my eyes and stretched myself, before I jumped out of my comfortable bed. My blue and white dress reached the floor and my small blue wing stretched itself, before it folded itself on my back. My long hair hung wildly in my face and wrapped itself around my small body as I went to the balcony of the room and watched the sun rise. My young eyes widened and I was excited to see the sky change its colour. "Luxilia? Why are you already awake? It's still pretty early.", came it from the friendly and loving voice of my father. Happily I turned around and hugged his leg. Cheerfully I replied: "I wanted to watch the sunrise." My father just laughed amused and lifted me up to hold me against his chest. "You're my little ray of sunshine. You're way more beautiful and cheerful then the sun.", he said and kissed my head affectionately, which made me laugh.

Shortly after the sun had coloured the sky blue, he went back with me into Sombra's and my room

Shortly after the sun had coloured the sky blue, he went back with me into Sombra's and my room. My little brother was still deeply asleep and looked so peaceful. Father sat down on my bed and placed me on his lap, before he started to brush my hair gently and made me a beautiful hairstyle. Meanwhile I hummed a little tune and swung my legs up and down. After a while my father put the brush down on my night table and placed my crown on my head. Afterwards it rolled over his lips: "There. Now you're ready for the day." He put me then on my own feet again and stood up to wake up my brother. With a smile I followed him to the bed of my little brother. Father sat down beside him and shook his shoulder gently. A few seconds later he opened his red eyes and looked at both of us tired and confused.

"Morning my little shadow. It is time to wake up.", whispered my father and placed my young brother on his lap. Sombra leaned against his chest and didn't seemed to be really awake yet. Father just laughed and started to comb his hair and put his crown on. Immediately after father was finished, he stood up with my brother in his arms and together we walked out of the room to the courtyard to play.

End of Flashback

Tears ran down my cheeks and I held the picture tightly to myself. All of a sudden I heard someone screaming and I was ripped out of my memories. Immediately I ran out of my former bedroom into the halls of the castle. With a fast heartbeat I stormed through the castle. The screams were getting louder and louder and I arrived at the stairs to the basement. I took a few deep breaths before I ran down the cold and wet stone stairs into the dark depths of the basement.