Chapter 58: Arrival

Hey Guys and Girls, I finally have more time again to focus on this story. The last weeks were very stressful and I couldn't work a lot on this book. That's why I only have this chapter for now. I hope you enjoy it.

Until the next chapter,

Caro :D

P.S: Thanks for all the votes, follows and everything else. Love you all <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Mark POV

Caro and I walked now half an hour along the stony, steep path towards our destination. We already were pretty high up and Solio was looking so much smaller from up here. However the way up here was a very exhausting one. "Everything okay with you Mark?", Caro asked and turned around to face me. After I took a short breath, I replied: "Yeah, it's only more energy-sapping than I thought." The brunette had to laugh about my answer and started walking again with strong steps. I shook my head and followed her. "Why aren't you exhausted yet?", I wanted to know then. Caro answered my question then, while she walked further on: "It's due to the fact that I went hiking with my family a lot as a small child. So I am very accustomed to such situations." "How long do you think we will need to get to your friend?", I continued our discussion.

Caro pondered for a moment and said afterwards: "It depends how long you can walk. If we go without a break further up to the snow border, it will take five hours. If you need a break at the small mountain spring, which is half an hour away from the snow border, we will need six hours." "I see, so let us not waste any more time.", I said then and marched along the mountain path. The brunette walked beside me with a big smile and motivated me all the way. There were some moments where I just wanted to stop and rest for a while, but Caro managed to keep me on going forward with her friendly, encouraging words. However, at one point the path was blocked by stones that have fallen down the mountain. Already a little out of breath I asked my companion: "What do we do now? There is no other way around it."

"Mhm, maybe there is. Dark? Can you teleport us safely through the shadows to the other side of the path?", came it from Caro. My Demon Side separated himself from me and stood between me and Caro in a second. My second half answered then: "I could, but since it is too bright and there aren't very large shadows here, it is either going to be very debilitating or even not possible at all to exit the shadow realm." "Oh, we can help with that.", came if from Sora and Caro at the same time. Both girls concentrated on the sky and the wind direction changed, causing the white clouds to cover the sun. As a result the shadows casted by the stones and the mountain grew larger. Then Dark grabbed my left upper arm and Caro's right upper arm, while Sora went back into Caro's body. In just a few seconds we were engulfed by the shadows and found ourselves in the shadow realm.

My Demon Side lead us safely through the shadows to the other side of the path and we emerged behind the stone wall again. Then Dark disappeared back into my body and Caro and I walked further along the now slightly less steep path. After an hour we reached a small mountain lake and Caro meant then: "Splash yourself with some water, it will only get warmer before we arrive by the snow border." I nodded and splashed the cold water on my face and on my arms. The refreshing water was both physical and mentally good for me. Then we continued hiking the small path towards the snow border to reach our destination as fast as possible. After a while we arrived at the mountain spring that Caro had mentioned. The brunette looked at me briefly and smiled in a friendly way at me.

"Let's have a little break. You're quite exhausted, you'd only collapse in the snow at this rate if we continue to go further.", she explained to me and sat down on a rock next to the spring. I did the same like Caro and filled up my water bottle with the clear, cold spring water. Caro also drank some of the water and we talked about different things. The brunette also told me more stories of her past. I listened attentively to her and was absolutely fascinated about her adventures. She has already experienced so much and seen so many things. I was lucky to have such a wonderful friend and to have her with me on this long journey. After an hour we packed our things back into our backpacks and started walked again. With a new strength we continued our way towards the snow border, which was now clearly visible from our position. 500 meters before the border Caro stopped me and said: "We should put our winter clothes on now, otherwise we will freeze to death."