Chapter 76: The truth of the past

Hey Guys and Girls. Hope you have a nice 10th of December and enjoy this chapter.

Also I have to tell you that I have to stop publishing every day. It's not because I don't like doing it, but it gets to stressful for me. This last week I was sitting around 10 to 12 hours on my laptop everyday, just to write one chapter and edit it, so it's ready for the update. I'm really sorry but I can't do it anymore. I won't stop posting regularly, but it's not going to be every day anymore.

Hope you understand and until the next chapter.

Caro :D

Mark POV

Jack and I went back home and I set down on the couch with a sigh. "Everything okay, sweety?", asked my boyfriend and sat down next to me. Lovingly he leaned against me and held my left arm gently. With a smile I kissed his head, he had placed on my shoulder, and placed my own head on top of his. We both sat like that for a while until we finally decided to go to bed. I wanted to go into my room when Jack stopped me from going further. A little nervous it came from my soulmate: "Mark? C-could you please sleep with me in the same room tonight, please?" "Of course Jack. You went through a lot already, so I want you to feel better.", I assured him and opened his door. I carefully laid down with Jack on his bed and held him close to my chest. My friend snuggled up close to me and we both fell asleep relatively quickly. In my sleep I reached for my chain for a few seconds before I hugged Jack again.

Jack POV

Shortly after I was asleep, I found myself in my soul and saw Anti in the corner hugging himself. Worried I walked up to him and sat down next to him. I carefully I took one of his hands in mine and look at him. My partner had a rather upset expression and behaved like he used to do when he was sad and we were both kids. He made himself as small as possible and starred at his feet while he played with his fingers. I quietly whispered to him: "Do you want to talk about it Anti?" My second half shook his head and hid his face in his knees. I sighed and thought about how I could help to cheer him up a bit. "Can you remember how we wanted to explore the woods behind our house?", came it after a while from me and I had a slight smile on my face.

Anti turned his head so that one of his eyes could see me and nodded slightly. Since I had his attention I continued: "Mom and Dad never wanted us to go too far away from home when we played in the woods. However, we were so curious though to find out what was deeper in the forest. So we took advantage that Mom and Dad had to go shopping to run off into the woods without them knowing. We were walking quite a while through the woods, when we finally arrived at a river." "We have made a small break there and had a fun water battle. That was one of the best days we ever had.", Anti said and smiled slightly, while sitting up more. I laughed as I remembered this memory and said: "Yes, it was. We had so much fun that we didn't noticed how the time passed by. When we had calmed down again, it was already sunset."

"We were so shocked that we didn't knew what we should do. After a while we decided to go back home. However, we went the wrong way and went further away from our home.", said Anti and we were both now in a better mood then before. I had successfully distracted my partner from his depressed feelings. Then I continued: "We were walking around in the forest until almost midnight and didn't knew were we where at. Fortunately our siblings and parents had put together a seeking party and a nice girl found us with her Demon Side ten minutes before midnight. We were completely chilled to the bone and the two gave us their jackets to warm us up." "You know what I find funny. Somehow Caro and Sora remind me of the two cute girls from that day.", said Anti and laughed shortly. His statement surprised me, though I thought about it briefly and had to admit it that he was right.