Too Good To Be True

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The alarm on my phone rang waking me up from my slumber. Reaching over for my phone, I pressed the dismiss button. It was 7am and I was awake?  Why was my alarm even on in the first place? I fell back into the couch where I fell asleep on last night, or to be technical, early this morning. As I glanced around the dim room, all the girls were still fast asleep. Dani was sleeping on the other couch while Eleanor and Paisley were sharing the air mattress on the floor. They were in a tangled mess sprawled all over each other. Those two grew really close really fast. It was nice to know that they were all getting along with Paisley. 

I sat up from my lying position and stretched my limbs and back. My attention fell back to Eleanor and Paisley. They looked so cute sleeping together. Paisley had her arms and legs spread out lying on her stomach, and Eleanor was cuddling against her. This was the perfect opportunity for a picture. I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture. I didn't realize how bright my flash was because it seemed to disturb Danielle. Danielle's eyes tightened and she turned around on the couch. Thankfully she didn't wake up. Paisley and Eleanor were still sound asleep.

Naturally, since it is morning I had to use the bathroom. After doing so, there were frantic knocks coming from my door. I checked the time again and it was 7:46am. Who could possibly be at my door this early in the morning I thought. When I got to the door, I looked through the peephole and saw a fidgety Daniel at my door.

"Daniel? What's up?" I asked curiously opening the door.

"Izzy! It's Beth, she's not moving! I'm freaking out and I don't know what to do!" He seemed panicked.

"What do you mean?" My adrenaline started to rise from fear. 

"She just won't wake up! Please come with me!" He shouted grabbing my hand. Right when we were about to head for his room, Harry opened the door to his and the other's suite. 

"What's going on?" Harry asked rubbing his eyes. His hair was a flop of messy curls.

"Something happened to Beth." I informed.

"C'mon, help me please." Daniel begged and dragged me off to his room with Harry following close behind. 

When we finally arrived to his suite and lead us to his room. There laid a motionless Beth. She looked pale and sick. I felt Harry's hand grab mines in a tight squeeze. Looking at Beth made me freeze in my tracks. Daniel ran over to her hugging her in his arms. He was rocking back and forth crying as he called out her name.

"Beth, no. Please no. Wake up baby, please." He sobbed. Just by the sight of them was enough to bring my tears out. I looked back to see Harry… smiling?

"Harry?" I whispered.

"He looks so stupid like that." Harry whispered back.

"What?" I gave him a weird look. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. More so, I couldn't believe that those words were coming out from Harry's lips. This wasn't the Harry I knew. I shrugged it off and started to dial 911.

As I was about to press send Beth started coughing and gasping for air. She was alive! I dropped my phone and ran over to her with tears flowing down my face. I was so happy that she was okay. Daniel hugged her and was constantly mumbling 'Thank you God'. 

Harry and I was walking back to our sweet. It was a bit awkward walking back with Harry being so quiet. He never spoke one word to me since we were at Daniel's and Beth's room. This was so unlike him. The whole day so far seemed to be unlike Harry.