Chapter 5: Defeating The King Snake

Start from the beginning

"You're not the only one that can shoot acid! [Acid Shot!]" A familiar green liquid was then launched out of the kid's hand.

When it hit the Basilisk, the acid started to sizzle which made the monster scream. While the Basilisk was distracted by the pain, the Child of Zerris swooped down and slashed at it again.

But, before he could, the Basilisk used [Petrification]. This scale turned to things to stone from just one glance.

When the Child of Zerris got caught up in it, his strange looking clothes started to get petrified. Sensing the danger, the boy leaped away to get out of its line of sight.

But, the Basilisk wasn't going to let him off so easy, so it followed the boy and kept turning him into stone.

"Tch! You persistent bastard!" The Child of Zerris snarled as he kept moving away. "Amy, now!"

Out of nowhere, magic arrows appeared and were blasted at the Basilisk. The monster once again screamed in pain, which bought the Child of Zerris some time to flee.

Now the Basilisk was searching for his new opponent.

Where did that come from anyway? Like the Basilisk, I was also searching for the source behind the magic arrows.

That's when I saw a young girl, a little younger than the boy, stand before the Basilisk. She had ocean blue hair and wore clothes from that of a noble family.

The Basilisk finally found its new enemy and screeched at it. It then tried to petrify her.

When the Basilisk did this, nothing happened. The blue-haired girl didn't turn to stone or nothing.

Not only I was confused, but so was the Basilisk. It stared blankly at the little girl who resisted the petrification.

"To think that this lowly lizard would try to turn me into stone. You've got some nerves, don't you?" The blue-haired girl smiled.

She then fired more magic arrows at the Basilisk. The monster was now bombarded with magic arrows.

I wasn't sure what was going on, but it was an unbelievable sight. How was this even possible?

As I continued to watch the scene before me, the Child of Zerris landed next to the blue-haired girl.

"Remember not to kill it." The Child of Zerris told the girl.

"I understand, master," The girl then stopped shooting magic arrows at the Basilisk.

When she stopped, they both looked at the Basilisk as it tried to recover from the barrage of magic arrows. When it did, it once again tried to petrify the two children.

That's when a wolf came out of nowhere and bit the Basilisk's head. It actually managed to get through its scales!

The Basilisk began to thrash around like crazy, trying to get the wolf off of it. The wolf then jumped off the Basilisk and landed next to the two children.

"Good work," The boy told the wolf.

Wait, now that I got a good look at that wolf, doesn't it look like . . . A Shadow Wolf?!

There's no way that's a Shadow Wolf! Those monsters were practically S to SS ranked threats!

And it seems like it's the boy's pet . . . What the hell is going on?!

Just then, the Basilisk finally had enough of this and charged at the three assailants.

"Time to end this," The boy said as he walked to the Basilisk.

When the monster opened up its mouth, the boy spoke.

"Wrong move, pal. [Fireball!]" He chanted, and a giant ball of fire was shot at the Basilisk.

When the fireball entered the Basilisk mouth, the monster soon after exploded. Blood and its innards were falling on the ground now.

The boy just stood there with a tired expression. He then turned around to the blue-haired girl and shadow wolf.

"Nicely done, master," The girl told the Child of Zerris.

"Thanks. That Basilisk was definitely worth defeating. My stats were a lot higher now than before."

The two then started to have a conversation. Meanwhile, I just kept looking around at the scene that just unfolded.

They defeated the Basilisk. Two children.

Not only that, but one of them was the Child of Zerris. There's no denying that due to his black hair.

This is bad. I need to leave!

As I attempted to flee from the monster children, they noticed me and walked over.

It's over. I'm a dead man now.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" The Child of Zerris asked.

Huh? Why is he asking me that?

I tried to say something, but I coughed up blood instead.

"I guess that means no good, huh." The boy then crouched down and raised his hand.

Oh no! He's going to kill me!

I tried to run away, but my body stayed in place.

"Quit moving or it'll be harder for me to heal you."

What? He's trying to heal me?

I stopped moving after he said this, and he chanted.

"[Heal]" A golden glow surrounded my body, and the pain slowly went away.

After a couple seconds, I was somewhat if not completely healed. The pain was gone, and my body didn't hurt when I moved.

"Looks like that worked well. It was my first time using [Healing Magic], so I wasn't sure that I would succeed on my first try."

What?! That was his first time using Healing Magic?!

Using magic like that takes weeks if not months to perfectly use it! And he just did it almost instantly!

D-did he just use me as a guinea pig?

I continued to blankly stare at him. I had no words for what I've just witnessed.

"Alright, David, since I saved your life along with what was left of your men, you owe me. And that's helping us to your village." The Child of Zerris told me in a serious tone.

. . . Huh? 

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone! 

How did you like the fight scene? I originally wanted Damien to fight it alone, but I wanted to add Amy and the shadow wolf in to give them a little action. 

Also, this is one of the scenes that changed from the original story. In my old story, Damien just walked around the forest until he came across the villagers. 

I wanted to show you guys a little action, so I replaced the unlikely meeting with a fight with a giant lizard. 

Alright, let me know if you have any questions in the comments and I'll see you guys in the next chapter. 

See Ya!