Bai Mengxiang walked to his spot while Xiao Lan stood to his side.

Bai Mengxiang watched as Xu Yongheng opened his mouth and began to start speaking, when a ringer went off his head.

[Male lead's love percentage towards Host is at 5%, keep working hard to get it to 100%, Host.]

As soon as that voice came, it disappeared, and Bai Mengxiang was left annoyed.

"For the time that We have been busy, the harem has certainly been rowdy. We have heard that another concubine had actually tried to poison Consort Shi." Xu Yongheng said as his eyes drifted towards Shilian, softening by quite a bit.

Bai Mengxiang sat back in his seat, anticipating the show that Shilian was going to put on.

As Xu Yongheng said this sentence, two guards came in dragging a man in tattered clothes, with blood all over him. Other concubines jerked back from this sight, but Bai Mengxiang remained calm. This sight was nothing for him. In fact, he kinda enjoyed it.

"Would you wish to tell Us why you have done such a thing?" Xu Yongheng said, a thick aura spread in the room, as his became tinted with murderous intent.

"Hahah, tell you? What more is there to tell you? Don't you see what I have done? I know what I have done, and I will never regret it. That man you love is someone so evil, do you know what he has done? He killed my child. And yet, you said that it wasn't his fault. I saw him tell a maid to give my son poison, I wouldn't mistaken it. But you love him so much, you have become blind. One day, you will find that all the princes are dead and the only one alive is the one that Consort Shi has given birth to." The man spat out, not caring about death anymore as he had already gone crazy from losing his child.

"Your Majesty, this consort would never do such a thing. You know me better than anyone, you know that I won't do something so cruel. There must be someone trying to target me because they know that you love me, they must want to tear our relationship apart." Shilian said as he quickly bowed and cried crocodile tears.

"Silence!" Xu Yongheng said, his eyes becoming hard.

Ah, what an amazing show! It was quite sad that Bai Mengxiang didn't have any popcorn to eat while watching this play.

"Does everyone think that they can do whatever they want in the palace? Do you not know that you have humiliated Us by doing something like this? We were gone for not even one week, and one of the princes is now dead. Who can We blame for something like this?!" As Xu Yongheng said this, he looked over each and everyone of the concubine.

Bai Mengxiang softly sighed as he got out of his seat, followed by his servants, and gently bowed. Hint, 'gently' bowed.

"Your Majesty, please do not get angry. This consort understands that they have done something unsightly to others. The harem should be united, not at war against one another, but even though all of this has happened, please, don't get angry. No one would want you to get injured because of this anger." Bai Mengxiang's soft and melodic voice rung out as he bowed.

[Male lead's love percentage is now at 10%, good luck Host.]

As Xu Yongheng looked at Bai Mengxiang once more, he couldn't help but sigh. This person has always been kind, he couldn't bear to let others get tortured. Even now, he was willing to get down and beg him to not get angry, for fear that he would get injured. He hasn't changed a bit.

"The issue today has not been resolved yet. We will call for you all to arrive tomorrow again at this time. You may now leave." Xu Yongheng said, as he was the first one to leave the hall.

As soon as Xu Yongheng left, Bai Mengxiang got up, and Mei Lin, the Empress walked up to him.

"Thank you, Imperial Noble Consort Bai. If you hadn't stopped the Emperor, I don't know what His Majesty might've done." Mei Lin said as she looked into Bai Mengxiang's eyes,